Lincoln tuneup

The_buster

The car needs a tuneup and I was wondering if I can use 5.0 mustang parts? Autozone has the right parts, I was just wanting to give it some more mmph. I looked up videos on how to do the tune up, mostly just to see how hard it was to get to the back plugs as sears wants $300 before my discount. Anyway, I found this video and was just wondering if these parts or similar parts would work.

did find a video of a supercharged town car... that would be fun. buuut, spensive. I don't want to do anything crazy just make it a little more fun and then to tackle the exhaust for some nice sound then it needs painted, clear coat is peeling and there are 3 small surface rust spots on the trunk.

I plan on it. I just wanted to see how hard the plugs were before I got myself into something I couldn't fix. like with the maxima the boot for the coil fell off of plug 6 and fell back into the plug well upside down, and I didn't have a set of long pliers to reach it. so i had to drive missing on that plug until I could borrow some from zone, which was only about a week but it happened in between paydays and they wouldn't let me borrow a pair that wasn't opened.

Tuning a car up won't necessarily give it more oomph. Tuning a car up means helping ensure it continues to run properly. Yes, mustang parts are largely interchangeable with your vehicle. Might I suggest finding a specific car forum for the car you own? Might I also suggest not sinking too much money into this car. Use it as transportation. In terms of a paint job, maybe deal with the rust (sanding/bondo) and plastidip that bitch. Cheap, easy, and will likely look decent.

I'm not doing much with this car. Its just too quiet for me and it sat for 7 years, so its in need of some tlc. Right now it has a slight hesitation when you accelerate, and you can feel a shudder when idling. As far as paint goes I'm sticking with stock color just want the rust and clear coat fixed to make it look better. After that its just polish the chrome and put in a radio/cheap small system. The stock radio doesn't work anymore and randomly turns on when driving...

So you have yourself a creampuff, give it a tune up and have the carb tuned as well (if it is not efi, it will likely help a lot with the symptoms if it is carburated), then drive it 'till the wheels fall off. Wait for your wife's education to pay off before you worry about performance in any car. Also, whats the point of an exhaust and a system?

The exhaust is because I like a little rumble sound. And system is a just because thing. That's going to be a piece by piece thing. Going to start with a head unit and go from there. It's also something that can be switched to a different car down the road. Both are purely extras that would be nice and not necessary.

Also it is efi, I put in a bottle of Lucas fuel treatment yesterday when I filled up. Thought that might help.