Alibaba ipo

Forrest Gump 9

What's the CR money crew think?

I want to be bullish on this, but this year have not been kind to me investing wise, so I'm a little gun shy ;).

With so much publicity in China, Hong Kong, and even here in the US I think this will be a good "hit and run" deal.

Let hear your opinions.

I've never bought stock before but seriously considering buying 2-3k worth of this just to see what it does. At an initial offering of 60-66 per share (from what I am hearing) I think it has potential to 2x or 3x in the next 2-3 years.

I'd highly value someone else's opinion on it though, too.

I've never bought stock before but seriously considering buying 2-3k worth of this just to see what it does. At an initial offering of 60-66 per share (from what I am hearing) I think it has potential to 2x or 3x in the next 2-3 years.

I'd highly value someone else's opinion on it though, too.

If you can afford it I would go for it.

It will trade around ~30x this years estimate for earnings at the open. Amazon fetches 130x+ times current so it very well could double or triple in your time frame much like AMZN did, if they fetch enough people to buy the bid at that kind of valuation like AMZN.

I dont like it for the simple fact that YHOO owns stock in it currently worth more than all of YHOO is worth. Which makes no sense to me, or buying stocks with these crazy forward multiples.

I think its a good short term trade to play and watch as there will be lots of action the next 2-3 years kinda like FB. Long term its hard for me to hold something like that.

Will I buy the ipo, no way. Under $40 per share and it's time to look at getting in, if you buy in the high $60's/$70's during the ipo, strap in for your roller coaster ride.

Really? Everywhere I read still say undervalue at $70. I'm expecting it to hit $100 the first day.

remember fellas this IPO has a shorter lockup period than most. FB I believe was at 180 days and around that time came a ton of volatility. I am trading this for the first 90 days then getting out before lockup expires. My entry order is 30 @ limit 64.65

My guess it plays out, worst down to 55 best up to 95 in those 90 days. We will see

I will probably have an opening day buy limit order open.. although I don't expect it to execute.

remember fellas this IPO has a shorter lockup period than most. FB I believe was at 180 days and around that time came a ton of volatility. I am trading this for the first 90 days then getting out before lockup expires. My entry order is 30 @ limit 64.65

My guess it plays out, worst down to 55 best up to 95 in those 90 days. We will see

How do you place order? I tried with my Scottrade account but it wouldn't let me yet. I guess I have to do it on Friday morning?