Call of Duty...shit controls?

2 Sweet

Ok so I'm at my girlfriend's place waiting on a washer to be delivered, so I brought my 360 over and figured I would kill some time since I'm here by myself all morning. As soon as I start playing black ops 2, I notice a huge lag/delay from the left analog stick, it feels like I'm drunk as hell. Well the connection itself is fine, no lag whatsoever except when I move/look/aim or anything with the left analog stick.

I bought a new controller, same shit. WTF is going on?

I can almost guarantee you that it's the TV, not your Xbox or controller. Most newer TVs (120Hz+ ESPECIALLY) are actually always on a slight delay so they can blur the images together to create the feeling of the picture being smoother. Look in the TV options and turn the refresh rate to 60Hz, turn off any "Auto-Motion" crap, or anything like that. Each manufacturer labels it differently, but it'll be in the video settings. Some TVs will specifically have a game mode that turns all this junk off too.

Some TVs will specifically have a game mode that turns all this junk off too.

Yep, pretty much all of the processing the nice, big HDTV's do for you to make the picture pretty creates input lag. I actually play on a 27" monitor which more or less eliminates all input lag. It's hard to find an HDTV with less than 20ms of input lag. Most are in the 40-50ms range. Plasma's used to be the best large HDTV displays for gaming because there was very little input lag and that's one of the biggest reasons I got one but just out of curiosity I tried a monitor a few years ago and couldn't go back.