Moving a large tool box

Geeesammy

Needing some ideas on moving a fairly decent-sized box from my current employer to my garage. it is roughly 56" long and 42" tall, 22" deep. Any ideas? Does any company around Columbus rent pickups with a liftgate on the back?

Loading it will be the easy part, unloading it is totally different. I could get a few people to help pick it up out of the truck but that would mean totally emptying the box, which will take awhile. I'm trying to avoid paying a tow-truck company to do it as I've heard it is near or above $100...

The few times I've moved my box I rented a trailer from u-haul with a ramp on it. Much safer and cheaper then a roolback. I am not a fan of how tool boxes get drug around and strapped by the wheels, the u-haul trailer is lower to the ground and has taller strong sides to strap to.

I called Marathon Towing to move my Matco tool box, they had to use a rollback, its a 3-bay bottom with a side box & full locker on each end and a hutch on top, width is 129" long 28" deep and the height is 66" it cost me $90 but I only moved 3 miles from where I use to live. judging by your deminsion you can probably rent a small trailer from U-Haul

I just had to move my whole shop over the last year (new house, new shop). I priced out how much it would be to get the stuff moved and ended up buying a trailer instead. We bought a 5x8 oak floor trailer with mesh tail gate. It was supposed to be ~$975 at The Andersons but we worked a sale, a coupon, and a store credit card to get it down to about $750 at 18 months same as cash. We laid about a 5" wide 30" long strip of aluminum diamond plate over the edge of the tail gate to the ground to smooth out the transition from the ground to the gate and my wife and I were able to push all my boxes and tools up onto the trailer by ourselves, including a tool box the size of the one you're needing to move.

Sure, it's a lot more than paying a tow truck to move it a single time. However, now I've got a trailer for a lifetime of toolbox moves and I have a hard time believing the crazy shit we've put on that trailer since we bought it. Once you have a nice trailer, you're going to find a lot of things you never thought about using one for that it just makes a hell of a lot easier. Plus, the looks we get towing a trailer bigger than the car (Subaru Impreza station wagon) with a load taller than the car are just hilarious.

BTW, if you're going to buy a trailer, be sure to check out The Andersons. They seem to consistently be $300+ cheaper than Lowes, Home Depot, and Tractor Supply for the same trailer.