How to catch a thief

Rocky31186

1. have you looked into dogs? I'm assuming you dont have any now and there might be a reason for that but it might be an alternative.

2. It seem's you're having a lot of false alerts, have you thought about changing the angle of the camera? Maybe to something that didn't show the street at all? of course this might be a bit hard to keep it hidden and you wouldn't be able to capture any vehicle's or license plates but your photos so far dont show any of that anyway?

I have 2 90lb boxers. But someone that makes no noise walking up a driveway they don't hear.

I want the street on camera also. I was parked in the street when a window was broken out and my truck was egged. So I want everything recorded. I can block out certain areas on my system from motion but again, I want it all.

I purchased 2 new cameras over the weekend. A little better quality (1000tvl instead of 700tvl) I'm going to locate it in a different spot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 90lb boxers. But someone that makes no noise walking up a driveway they don't hear.

I want the street on camera also. I was parked in the street when a window was broken out and my truck was egged. So I want everything recorded. I can block out certain areas on my system from motion but again, I want it all.

I purchased 2 new cameras over the weekend. A little better quality (1000tvl instead of 700tvl) I'm going to locate it in a different spot.

This really blows. Let me know how the new camera works out for you. I've been wanting to get something set up at my place and always looking for inputs.

Hope you catch these bastards.

-D

This really blows. Let me know how the new camera works out for you. I've been wanting to get something set up at my place and always looking for inputs.

Hope you catch these bastards.

-D

Daytime video is great, I would say almost HD. The new 1000tvl camera is nice, but still not a 1080HD view. (You would double the cost if you bought true HD and night vision is still not that clear)

I am happy with my cameras, a lot of my problem is I have them hidden so they are a good bit away from where the action is.. I will be fixing that soon.

PPD just posted a video on their facebook of a guy checking a car in Farmbrook Estates

yeah I saw that, didnt know what area it was though.