CTSV Resurrection

Sam1647545489

Why do you always seem to have the coolest shit?

From the last picture of his personalized screen,it seems pretty obvious.

Oh love, I only have eyes for you boo.

Geeesammy I dont think I have anything out of the ordinary. Chris has a lot cooler shit then me. I'm just trying to catch up to him.

Nice work.

So you used the stock subframe, and core support? Jesus!

Where did you find the bumper? Also what Ebay headlights did you use and do you like them? I may swap mine out this winter...

A friend that works at a body shop ordered all the body parts for me. I ordered a new core support off of ebay and yes we pulled the stock subframe back to within spec of where it needed to be. And the the headlights I just ordered these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-03-07-CADILLAC-CTS-HALOGEN-HEADLIGHTS-HEADLAMPS-PAIR-SET-LEFT-RIGHT-/400692967639?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ACadillac|Model%3ACTS&hash=item5d4b2978d7&vxp=mtr

If I was going to dump money into mine it would be the interior. The stock nav sucks, but I like some of the readings it shows. Any options for that?

I was considering this as well. It sounds like the only way to get the best of both is to convert to a single din (stock CTS) radio and HVAC controls. Console may look a little cluttered, but then you can upgrade to the double din of your choosing. There is a Parrot model that runs on Android that's pretty popular.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/ellioth3771/ctsradiomatte.jpg

This is the best i have seen so far. Stock display with aftermarket nav and audio.

If I knew how to replicate it/didnt have other projects going on I would be all over it.

If I was going to dump money into mine it would be the interior. The stock nav sucks, but I like some of the readings it shows. Any options for that?

I was considering this as well. It sounds like the only way to get the best of both is to convert to a single din (stock CTS) radio and HVAC controls. Console may look a little cluttered, but then you can upgrade to the double din of your choosing. There is a Parrot model that runs on Android that's pretty popular.

It would be really easy if there was something like this but for a CTS V which would allow you to easily fit a Nexus 7 or similar tablet. Then you can run something like Timur's Nexus 7 ROM on it which will make it behave as you expect any retail double din device to. Finally, for the OEM gauge displays, Torque Pro + Widgets + Bluetooth OBDII dongle will provide a very similar experience.

It would be really easy if there was something like this but for a CTS V which would allow you to easily fit a Nexus 7 or similar tablet. Then you can run something like Timur's Nexus 7 ROM on it which will make it behave as you expect any retail double din device to. Finally, for the OEM gauge displays, Torque Pro + Widgets + Bluetooth OBDII dongle will provide a very similar experience.

Unfortunately the factory stability/traction/competition modes are linked to the stock head unit. You would also loose the individual driver settings (seat position and mirrors).

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/ellioth3771/ctsradiomatte.jpg

This is the best i have seen so far. Stock display with aftermarket nav and audio.

If I knew how to replicate it/didnt have other projects going on I would be all over it.

LOL Im looking at this and wondering whats currently there in my car right now:dumb:

Im good with the interior. Its in great shape-as far as the NAV/other stuff, if I wanted a different interior, Id buy a different car :)

Car needs new headlight bulbs at a minimum (they have different brightnesses)-I figured I have to remove the whole freaking headlight anyway, I may as well consider an upgrade.

I think all I will do over the winter is headlights (or just bubs) and lower it. I am good with the power from just an intake and tune, and 100% happy with just the muffler delete. If the clutch ever goes I will change to an Ls7 set up, but I wont fix it until its broke.