Anybody on here work in Mattresses Sales anymore?

mustangman2011

I need one too, badly, so I browsed Amazon. Looks like these mattresses that come rolled up in a bag are getting awesome reviews.. are they worth it over "real" mattresses?

http://www.amazon.com/Signature-Sleep-Contour-8-Inch-Mattress/dp/B005A4OP8Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1413170981&sr=1-1&keywords=queen+mattress

My brother has one of the 10 or 12" memory foam mattresses from amazon. He loves it. I think it was like $300 and then he bought a topper for it to get the proper softness that he wanted for another $100, so a queen memory foam mattress for $400. Way better than any mattress deal you can find in a store front.

This one doesn't provide the same support in the hip/back area - it looks normal and goes back to its regular shape, but it has just gone soft in the middle on either side.

I looked through the reviews and I see a reviewer who said the core of this mattress is 'regular' foam, enclosed with a few inches of memory stuff all around. Can't say for sure.

For prospective buyers switching from a conventional mattress, just be aware it's a big difference. It seems firm when you first lay down, then it settles. I kind of had to learn to make the mattress conform to me when I get in.

Rolling over or leaving the bed takes more effort (you're kind of stuck in the 'hole' you've made).

Oh, and because of the way the material changes shape with pressure, you might find yourself off balance during activities. There's no bounce, either.

YMMV

This one doesn't provide the same support in the hip/back area - it looks normal and goes back to its regular shape, but it has just gone soft in the middle on either side.

I looked through the reviews and I see a reviewer who said the core of this mattress is 'regular' foam, enclosed with a few inches of memory stuff all around. Can't say for sure.

For prospective buyers switching from a conventional mattress, just be aware it's a big difference. It seems firm when you first lay down, then it settles. I kind of had to learn to make the mattress conform to me when I get in.

Rolling over or leaving the bed takes more effort (you're kind of stuck in the 'hole' you've made).

Oh, and because of the way the material changes shape with pressure, you might find yourself off balance during activities. There's no bounce, either.

YMMV

I only ask because its relevant to this topic, but what do you and whomever uses the bed regularly weight?

I am also in the market..

If you switch to memory foam walk on top of it every night before you go to bed for the first 4-6 weeks to break it in. It'll take about 60-90 days to adjust to it, which is one good reason to buy a memory foam mattress from a company that allows returns up to 90 days or so.

I bought an actual 100% memory foam mattress. It was around 2007? It was delivered in a rolled up bag and you had to unroll it. It still feels the same as when I bought it. I've replaced my box spring once since I've had this thing. Best mattress i've ever had. I will never buy anything else.

Just bought a pillow-top Serta from Macy's for a stupid deal. Clearance + AMEX signup deal + a bit of negotiation = exactly what I wanted for $200 less than I expected to pay, with 0% for a year (I'll pay it off in 3 months anyways, but that's just how I roll)

Carole @ Easton Macy's was who helped us out. My gf and I looked like we're not rolling in cash and she was the only person who approached us. The look on all the other salesmens' faces when we were giving her our business 30 minutes after arriving was priceless.

I used to sell furniture and mattresses both spring and foam. Latex was actually my overall favorite as it was the best of both worlds, resumed it's shape instantly and didn't have the moisture content of a foam but still contoured and hypoallergenic like a foam.

As for warranty, I don't know much about what others did but the brand we carried has a 30yr on the foam and the test was to hang a rope across with weights on the end and measure how far it sinks. Also, only speaking for our brand but if you put it on a box spring that actually has the springs in it that voided the warranty.

If possible we would always try to unroll and inflate the foams for the customer unless they requested not too. Basically they vacuum seal and roll up the mattress so a queen fits in like a 1' x 1' x 3' block. saves them a ton on shipping them overseas. Where they used to fit like 50 mattresses in a container now they can fit hundreds

Also, I don't think it's as much of an issue now a days but it used to be you wanted to make sure the foam was generation 2 or greater as they started putting channels inside the mattress for air to pass through to keep them cooler due to all the complaints of how hot the mattresses would get due to the high moisture content.

I just upgraded my queen memory foam mattress to a king pillow top after using the memory foam for 5 years. Literally the only reason I upgraded was for size and I don't have the spare funds to upgrade to a king memory foam. I loved that damn bed and now it's in my spare bedroom.

Also in the market, but I advise you to test something out before purchasing, forget the reviews. I purchased a mattress last year and already want to replace it, the reviews were great and it was just shy of 4k. Colossal waste of money

Also in the market, but I advise you to test something out before purchasing, forget the reviews. I purchased a mattress last year and already want to replace it, the reviews were great and it was just shy of 4k. Colossal waste of money

when your ready to get rid of that you just go ahead and let me know... haha but ya that truly would suck.