OVR SCCA PDX Videos 10/10/14

racerx78

Here are some videos from the local SCCA’s PDX at Mid-Ohio Road Course. It was a great day, good weather, and a clear track. This was the first time for STi on the this track, so it took me a while go get my shift points down. By the end of the day I was much faster, and I can’t wait to get out there again. We had a lot of fun cars out there, including a 911 GTS(997), Cayman S, Evo IX RS, E46 M3s, and some others.

2nd Session

3rd Session & Other Bits

4th Session

I like the camera and video editing. Next time I'd put one inside the car though as it's much more helpful as a learning tool to see what you're doing.

Was that your first time on track at Mid Ohio, or just the first time in the STI? Did you have an instructor in the car with you?

Thank you, i will be going with a slightly differrent setup next time. Hopefully i can get a good inside view as well.

It wasn't my first time at Mid-Ohio but it has been a few years so there were some parts of the track i had to get back down in my head. It was my first time in the STi so most of the day i was testing shift points, breaking and over all grip. So i know some of my laps are rough. The last session i had most of it worked out and those were my best laps. I had a instructor with me for most of the day until my 4th and 5th sessions.

Great job overall. The one biggest thing I see that I would have tweaked from the passenger seat is you are "creeping in" under braking on all of the critical high speed corners. On the back side of the track where it flows you are doing pretty well but in T1, T7 (end of back straight) and T12 (left at the end of thunder valley) you creep towards the turn instead of staying track out under braking. The result is that when you actually get to the turn-in point you are already at about mid track costing you corner angle and LOTS of corner speed.

+1 to what Andy said.....Remember the saying: When in doubt, stay out! (meaning most people tend to turn in early, but if you think you've turned in 'late' you usually haven't ;) ) and look ahead look ahead look ahead and watch the gap open as you turn in....

Cool vids! I like the PIP of front and rear.