Photoshop request?

dover

Red isn't hard for me, but I would like to picture the setup on my car. Thanks for your condescending remark and for the obvious dick job on the photoshop, glad to see CR still has professional site sponsors.

Everyone else thank you for their opinions, I will most likely go with the HRE's.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/926.gif?w=500&h=281

Not Forgestar. They make great looking but horribly fragile wheels....unless you want to own wheels that will all crack within 18 months.

I spoke with Eduardo and he also gave me the no go on forgestar. He told me to check out Forgeline and Rotiforms. Again my search is on. Then again I have debated dropping it and doing spacers on the stock wheels and putting money towards being quicker.

Those first wheels on the A5 were nasty Farkas, I want to lower the car too but I want it flush not tucked, any suggestions?

The first wheels he had are Rotiform LM5-T.

Also, I was talking to Jason about those FK Silverline coilovers he had on the car initially(in the first picture with the wheels you like), and he said they rode amazing. They're actually relatively cheap compared to the other options out there. You can get them on ECStuning.com between 500-600 dollars shipped. The next option I would recommend otherwise, would be H&R, and those are upwards of 1100 dollars lol.

Did your car come with the Electronic Dampening Control(EDC) option?

To be honest, I'm not too sure how to check for that.

As far as the HR springs, I'm sure they would work good, but you always want to pair an aftermarket lowering spring with an aftermarket dampener suited for that spring. By the time you buy matching springs and dampeners, you might as well get a coilover set, that's height adjustable. Putting springs on stock dampeners wear them out pretty fast, and you'll never be happy with the ride.

Only reason I ask about EDC is that I read you need to buy resistors to bypass the circuit, otherwise you'll have an EDC light on your dash(if you have that option).

I have Audi Drive Select, but that doesn't necessarily entail that I have the Audi Dampening Suspension. Confusing I know, I have been reading through the Audi forums and people say less than 20% of people actually ordered it that way. I'll see a dealer in the next couple days and have them pull my build sheet.

To be honest, I'm not too sure how to check for that.

As far as the HR springs, I'm sure they would work good, but you always want to pair an aftermarket lowering spring with an aftermarket dampener suited for that spring. By the time you buy matching springs and dampeners, you might as well get a coilover set, that's height adjustable. Putting springs on stock dampeners wear them out pretty fast, and you'll never be happy with the ride.

Only reason I ask about EDC is that I read you need to buy resistors to bypass the circuit, otherwise you'll have an EDC light on your dash(if you have that option).

OE sport springs are very popular in the audi world. They keep spring rates similar, and will be safe for oem dampers, ADS or not.

OE sport springs are very popular in the audi world. They keep spring rates similar, and will be safe for oem dampers, ADS or not.

Good to know!

Only issue I see, if he wants a drop greater than 1" then he needs to consider something outside of the sport springs. Rule of thumb is that a drop greater than 1.5" on OE dampeners will surely shorten the lifespan.

Guess it all depends on what Dover wants to do.

Good to know!

Only issue I see, if he wants a drop greater than 1" then he needs to consider something outside of the sport springs. Rule of thumb is that a drop greater than 1.5" on OE dampeners will surely shorten the lifespan.

Guess it all depends on what Dover wants to do.

Absolutely. The OE sport springs are different than their "regular" sport spring. Its similar to a Euro ride height spring on the Golfs.

I have the H&R sport springs on my R, and while it does well enough, you can certainly tell the car is under damped for the springs, specifically the front.

I have Audi Drive Select, but that doesn't necessarily entail that I have the Audi Dampening Suspension. Confusing I know, I have been reading through the Audi forums and people say less than 20% of people actually ordered it that way. I'll see a dealer in the next couple days and have them pull my build sheet.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. There will be an adjustment for suspension in the ADS settings if you have it. Pretty much the only way to check it, or have the dealer run the VIN. Mine has it.

• 4 months later...
hre if you are going to keep this car for a while (we know you change your mind ) if not save the money for the next ride lol

Nice car by the way !!

hahaha I have been trying to score a set of HRE FF01's but these fools want stupid money to ship them