Tire Vulcanization -Help!

954RRLuke

As some of you know I had a tiny finishing nail go through my rear tires which only had 300 miles on it. I already got a new tire put on the bike but I have heard that I can get the other tire fixed since it was such a small puncture. Has anyone had there tire fixed here in Cincinnati? Any help would be appreciated...

is it near the sidewall? everyone on here is going to tell you not to do it, just to throw it away, but its the rear, and if it not near the sidewall, a large patch put on correctly should suffice, i did it once a few years ago, and put a few grand (no real intense riding) on it without any problems

is it near the sidewall? everyone on here is going to tell you not to do it, just to throw it away, but its the rear, and if it not near the sidewall, a large patch put on correctly should suffice, i did it once a few years ago, and put a few grand (no real intense riding) on it without any problems

The nail is dead center in the tire. I've heard that there are places that vulcanize the tire, meaning they melt that section of the tire that has the hole and fill the hole with rubber. According to some people that I have talked to the only reason that you are not suppose to plug a tire is if the cords of the tire have been effected, which I don't have to worry about considering the size of the nail.

Hey get to work Luke !! You get to play on the computer all day ??

LOL

I say patch it too and ride that bitch, If it bothers you like the rest said, Give it to me !

Just keep it for a burnout tire ? Or use it for when you start stunting ! LOL

yeah, dont plug it, any tire shop will patch it, bike shops wont do it it, and most shops wont install a patched tire, if i wasnt handicapped at the moment, i would do it for you, but i know of a placethat might install it, and they only charge 18 off the bike

It's no good. Send it to me. I'll make sure it gets disposed of properly. :rolleyes:

HAHA, nice try. If anyone wants to buy it I'll sell it to you for 100 bucks. It's a $200 tire and would be perfect for a stunter that isn't going to be doing any high speeds. It's a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT (dual compound) 190/50/ZR17. Like I said before, the tire is in perfect condition, just got the nobies off of it the day before it started to get flat.

HAHA, nice try. If anyone wants to buy it I'll sell it to you for 100 bucks. It's a $200 tire and would be perfect for a stunter that isn't going to be doing any high speeds. It's a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT (dual compound) 190/50/ZR17. Like I said before, the tire is in perfect condition, just got the nobies off of it the day before it started to get flat.

no its not in perfect condition..but for 100 it aint a bad deal to someone