Note 4

Supplicium

Just got a Note 4 through work, what are the first things I should change/download? I have never used a Droid and im strugglin with it for some reason atm..

How do I get rid of all these Amazon and other bs apps?

a link to a guide would be awesome, thanks

Just got a Note 4 through work, what are the first things I should change/download? I have never used a Droid and im strugglin with it for some reason atm..

You can't get rid of those apps unless you root it. If you've never used a droid, just enjoy it. They are nice out of the box. If you want to tweak the look, download Nova launcher.

Most of the pre loaded app can be uninstalled or disabled. Just go through the applications management (Settings => General => Apps and then scroll over to all apps). That should take care of most of the ones you don't want. If you want them to be gone for good, rooting it is needed. But for the most part, disable it and i think that should be good enough.

-D

Andrew - Some can be removed and others not. Just rearrange your primary menu (Start screen) to have the applications you want. The others are just noise and should be left alone.. Assume you are moving from a Apple (it takes time to get used to the UI in Adroid).

Agreed nice phone too.

Download greenify. You can use it to force apps to close and not run when the screen turns off. Helps you with any battery drains. If you buy the app you can have it greenify system apps. You can not do that with the free version. Just be careful on having it close apps that have the google cloud next to it. If they push notifications and you have it close you won't get the notification.

I wouldn't recommend using any apps that force close apps in an attempt to save battery. This cancause weird issues. Just use it how it is, if you have battery drain issue go into settings and see what is draining you, then work on a solution. The note line of phones have gigantic batteries so this shouldn't be an issue anyway.

As if the phone wasnt big enough as it is :lol: