Tire brand Recommendations for 30x9.5x15?

Geeto67

Hey,

So planning on putting new tires on the '95 jeep wrangler in the new year, esp since the ones on it are almost 12 years old and have at least 2 cans of fix a flat in them each. I would have replaced them long ago but the tread was still great due to me not driving the car that much before.

Currently I have BFG All Terrain T/A tires and I have had 3 sets of that brand since 1995. Back then I was taking the truck off road all the time, 2-3 times during the week and surfcasting at the beach on the weekends. Now it just really hauls my kid and me back and forth to school/work. At $158-185 per tire for a noisy, short wearing, but excellent off road tire they are starting to look a little too precious for a daily driver that doesn't get the off road love it used to.

I was considering Goodyear silent armors but they are $168 per so that is more money than the bfg. My dad put them on his tahoe and loves them and they are quiter than the BFGs.

So what else is out there that people would recommend? Firestone Destination A/T? Kuhmo? General?

I like the General Grabber AT2s...seems like a slightly softer BFG KO with better sidewall. Goodyear Duratracs are the best all around all-season that look absolutely killer to boot. You can get the Goodyear Authoritys at Wally World which are just a cheaper similar version (also probably just P-metric weight ratings). The Falken Rocky Mountain ATS / Wildpeak AT are also VERY good tires for the money. If you like the KOs, and want to spend the cash, they are coming out with a KO2...pretty much the same center tread, but with different outer lugs. These recommendations are with offroading in mind, but still good for Ohio street/snow (the GY or Falkens specifically).

http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/Goodyear-Wrangler-Authority-Tire-31X10.50R15LT/11983156

I have had 3 sets of mickey thompson baja mtzs on a expedition. 40-60k miles on each set with mainly highway use, and some beating on it off road. Yes im that awesome. Did great in sand in the desert, did well with mud here, and was a great quiet tire for road use. Little more expensive then the ones above but worth the money IMO

There is a mickey thompson Baja STZ tire thats a little less offroad then the mtz that still looks to be a good tire.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php here are both tires and others. they offer.

Mastercraft courser axt(cooper made) great traction tire, with life in the 50k+ range and quiet compared to alot of others.. sit at home while we install them $550 tax inc. I can do the grabber at2 or or the destination at for $605 tax inc

Mastercraft courser axt(cooper made) great traction tire, with life in the 50k+ range and quiet compared to alot of others.. sit at home while we install them $550 tax inc. I can do the grabber at2 or or the destination at for $605 tax inc

Wow, That's really good. We'll be in touch. I was planning to do this once the x-mas spending was overwith but maybe I can push it up so as not to miss out.

I have to ask that is all for the 30x9.5 R15 size right?