Chevrolet Performance Surprises With New 2.0T LTG Crate Motor

RC K9

Chevy: Leading the world at being just behind Ford.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/fd/fd45f3c60b0dd225145c6b17218d8ca79005211960b9967b0a90a71f3cd9b87c.jpg

:lolguy:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/38/38a0998b46db39ff1959c6d22f3d9f742c1bde757a0499db5f3243fd2ebab651.jpg

I like it though. Opens up the market. Gonna push more companies to branch out I think.

Props, but the need for an HPFP???:no:....I hope the aftermarket has a solution there.

I do like the idea of a modern, bewsted 4-cyl in an '80s or older car that got around fine on 180hp or less anyway...

I hope that's a misprint because the HPFP is attached to the top of the engine, so I doubt it would be removed for this....

For years there have been 500+ HP 2.0L EcoTec's running strictly DI, no additional injectors in the intake, stock block, stock HPFP.

Not impossible. They did come with the 2.5 Iron Duke back in the day.

Actually, curiosity got the better of me and did a search and there are a couple of build threads using one out of the saturn/sky car. The engine bay has the room but the one I saw that was furthest along used a whole tubular cradle because the stock oil pan won't clear the stock front subframe at all. So to do this it is massive fab, or hefty spending.

Back in the day my buddy owned a 1984 Camaro ZF v6 with the f41 suspension and a 5 speed. It was a slick roof car in silver and pin straight. It was a complete dog but it handled really really well for the time and I always wondered what it would be like with decent power output.