Mad Hatter

evan9381

Still the place to go? Is it the place I'm thinking of that's just first come/first served? If so, think I'll be ok if I get down there at 4:45-5pm?

I guess the heat shield on my cat has rusted away and needs to be removed, and honestly, I'm too damn lazy to do it myself if I can get it done on the cheap.

I use Mad Hatter. Yeah, they're still first-come, first-served. I always hit them first thing in the morning on weekdays and get excellent service. I can't speak for what it's like there late in day (I suppose there's a lot of variability).

They've always given me the best price and very good quality work.

I use Mad Hatter. Yeah, they're still first-come, first-served. I always hit them first thing in the morning on weekdays and get excellent service. I can't speak for what it's like there late in day (I suppose there's a lot of variability).

They've always given me the best price and very good quality work.

I wouldn't go any time other than when you go. It's so hit or miss with them. I went in once with one person in front of me and within 15 minutes they had 7 people behind me. I've been there 4th or 5th in line with no one coming in behind for that hour.

Got there about 5pm, car was on the lift about 5 min later. Confirmed what I thought, heat shield around the cat was loose. They asked if I wanted it removed or replaced, told them removed was fine with me, I was just sick of the rattle.

About 5-10 min of torching, it's off. I go back inside, ask what I owe em, he says "no, don't worry about it"...I'm stunned...like "no, I gotta pay you guys something for your time and getting it fixed for me"...he says "no, we don't charge for something like that".

I'm still in shock. I've seen tons of fantastic reviews about this place, and for sure I will reccomend them going forward.

They do decent work over there, and the price is right. I did have the welder ask me about the contents of my car once, though - kind of left me speechless. None 'yer goddamn business?

(had a handful of casings in the small door pocket, he asked "why" i have them)