IT Guru's with Exchange - help me do this if possible...

TTQ B4U

My company uses MS Exchange for our email, contacts, etc. Comes to my Android phone just fine. The problem is my new Galaxy Gear S Smart Device will only show me that an email has arrive from the Senders Name but tells me for security purposes I have to view the content on my Cell Phone/Note 3.

I understand why, security, blah, blah....but it's a PIA and since the watch uses a seperate SIM Card, I'm sure it's not something the IT Desk is going to want to do.

Is there an app for the Note 3/Android to auto forward emails from my phone? I'm thinking if an Email comes in from the exchange server, it can then be auto-forwarded via my phone back out to say my Gmail Account so I can then see and read it on my Gear S ?? The key is it would be done at my Phone not at the client/desktop or via the exchange server - IT likely won't do it.

I can see my schedule, contacts, etc. but not my email. Not the end of the world mind you, but one that I'd like to work around if possible. I'd love for the app to even select the account that it uses to forward from and to as then it won't be going back through my exchange server thus tipping them off. I can do all of this manually but I'm looking for an app to do this automatically as my Note 3 receives the messages.

Insight to such an app. appreciated.

Is your gear s receiving that email notification through bluetooth?

Did you setup you exchange account separately on the gear s?

Gear S can receive emails and everything either through BT when it's in range or if it's out of range it's connected remotely through it's own 3G SIM Card. Works great either way. Once it's BT Connection is lost my Note 3 automatically forwards calls to my Gear S and the Gear S picks up all the other data through it's connection.

No need to set any email up on the Gear S, it's simply getting its feed/sync from my phone.

Thats probably where that error is coming from. The it policy must recognize that your note is sending the email outside of the device. Idk where to go from here. Its been awhile.

No doubt the IT Policy will only let the email hit my phone. I'm just wondering if there's an app that would reside on my Note 3 monitor my exchange account and then auto forward those received messages. I wish I could write apps.

No doubt the IT Policy will only let the email hit my phone. I'm just wondering if there's an app that would reside on my Note 3 monitor my exchange account and then auto forward those received messages. I wish I could write apps.

Our blackberry server once had it in the IT policy to block sending contacts and emails to bluetooth enabled cars. We removed that and our users were golden.

Our blackberry server once had it in the IT policy to block sending contacts and emails to bluetooth enabled cars. We removed that and our users were golden.

Our system does the above without issue. Even my Gear S gets everything else and what not.

By the way, what sort of service plan do you need for the gear s

I just added it to my existing plan whereby it shares the data for our smart phones. $10 per month is all it is.

Funny thing is got the Note3 and use my iPad Air less. Now I have the Gear S and use my Note 3 less. Next week I'm just going back to my simple flip phone :)

I figured it out. XDA forum answered the question. Installed CloudMagic as my email app (which is damn nice and a fully Unified Email Box from Yahoo, Gmail through exchange and more) and set it for notifications from my Note 3. Bingo! Now I can see my MS Exchange email and read the messages just fine.

Eventually the Gear S will likely allow for replying via the device, but until then, at least I can read all my emails and stay on top of things. Anything urgent read I usually call anyway.

I figured it out. XDA forum answered the question. Installed CloudMagic as my email app (which is damn nice and a fully Unified Email Box from Yahoo, Gmail through exchange and more) and set it for notifications from my Note 3. Bingo! Now I can see my MS Exchange email and read the messages just fine.

Eventually the Gear S will likely allow for replying via the device, but until then, at least I can read all my emails and stay on top of things. Anything urgent read I usually call anyway.

Nice. Id like to see the gear s in action. Can you use it without a data plan?