Phone Upgrade time

wagner

So I think my Galaxy S3 is finally on its last leg. Is the S5 the way to go?

I do not want the following:

Anything Apple

Anything that is Note-ish in size.

Is there something better in the Android OS world that is not the S5 and not the size of a phone booth?

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/47f/4c8/9a7/resized/asian-smartphone-meme-generator-i-just-got-my-iphone-6-bro-iphone6plus-32115d.jpg

I would rather use a 1980's bag phone than ever purchase an Apple product again.

Researching the suggestions and I'm not seeing anything that sways me from the S5 at this point.

I just got an S5, I still have an S3 my company makes me carry as well. So far S5 is awesome. I also didn't want something so big and if you having looked at them they are slightly bigger than S3, no where near the size of a note though.

I mostly wanted to tether my tablet but at least with the phones size and power I can use it when a tablet is not practical.

LG G3. Great hardware, unfortunately LG's spin on Android isn't that great...still better than Samsung's IMO.

Galaxy S5: Hardware is ok, Samsung continues to butcher Android with it's terrible UI known as Touchwiz. The lollipop version on Touchwiz looks even worse...they need to fire their graphic and UX designers.

Nexus 5: Great hardware, even though specs might not look as impressive on paper compared to newer phones. No bullshit skins, pure unmolested Android, will come with 5.0 if you go buy it today and will continue to be updated.

Nexus 6: Shits too big.

Upgraded to an s5 from an s4 about 2 months ago. Great phone, very fast and a nice clean design. I still have my s4 (now rooted only running on wifi). Only suggestion is get a case if you're rough on phones like I am. Replaced my s4 5 time because of shattered screens

Upgraded to an s5 from an s4 about 2 months ago. Great phone, very fast and a nice clean design. I still have my s4 (now rooted only running on wifi). Only suggestion is get a case if you're rough on phones like I am. Replaced my s4 5 time because of shattered screens

My S3 has been launched off the hatch of Ray's car in the lanes, fallen off a golf cart at high speed, and taken a bath in Q16 race gas without missing a beat.

This phone has been a brick house tank of a cunt and I will miss it.

It seems to be back to life but I think its time she gets a warriors funeral :fuckyeah:

My S3 has been launched off the hatch of Ray's car in the lanes, fallen off a golf cart at high speed, and taken a bath in Q16 race gas without missing a beat.

It seems to be back to life but I think its time she gets a warriors funeral :fuckyeah:

Damn, my s3 had the screen crack on me in my pocket 4 days after I bought it.

Wagner gonna go "Viking" on that bitch. Make her a little wooden boat with an alter of straw and kindling, set phone on top, float boat down a river, hit it with a flaming arrow....watch as the spark fly into the sky and create a new constellation...."The Galaxy".

Been super happy with my ONE M8.

I did crack the screen though. HTC replaces it for free within a year? I think. (first screen I've ever cracked)

The dual lens camera is sorta mehhh.

Battery life is good.

Speakers are fantastic.

Works well...

Satisfied.

The s5 is a great phone and is pretty damn tough, mine gets dropped, wet, greasy, dirty and still runs like a champ and is scratch free even without a screen protector. Though if I were you and buying a new phone, not a used phone I wouldn't get it. Reason is it's been out over 6 months so new releases will make more sense and s6 will be out in a few months.

The s5 is a great phone and is pretty damn tough, mine gets dropped, wet, greasy, dirty and still runs like a champ and is scratch free even without a screen protector. Though if I were you and buying a new phone, not a used phone I wouldn't get it. Reason is it's been out over 6 months so new releases will make more sense and s6 will be out in a few months.

No worried about the next big thing when it comes to phones.

While we were in the AT&T store waiting I played around with every phone that I could and that helped me out a bunch.

I really liked the S5 the best, the HTC came in a close second and the LG was third.

How is battery life on the S5? My S3 has by far the worst battery of any phone I've owned. Almost as bad as my buddies that have iphones

For my use the battery life is still great. I've had one since they first came out (to tell you how old it is) My main uses for it are heavy email and text, light on calling and moderate on games/music/internet. I get 2 days out of a charge and the charging is damn fast compared to my previous phones and my wife's moto something (x maybe?).

I love my S4 and will be getting an S6 when it comes out, unless the Droid Turbo and/or Nexus 6 turn out to be amazing.

I swore after the disaster that was the Droid Bionic that I'd never again buy another fucking Motorola product though. I know, that whole fiasco was due mostly to the chaos of Google taking over Moto, but still, it was tough to be the one dingus running Gingerbread while everyone else was on ICS, on a previous gen flagship phone no less. Then when I finally got ICS, Jelly Bean was right around the corner for everyone but me.

TL;DR Hate Moto but might come back for the right phone. Love Samsung though.

I love my S4 and will be getting an S6 when it comes out, unless the Droid Turbo and/or Nexus 6 turn out to be amazing.

I swore after the disaster that was the Droid Bionic that I'd never again buy another fucking Motorola product though. I know, that whole fiasco was due mostly to the chaos of Google taking over Moto, but still, it was tough to be the one dingus running Gingerbread while everyone else was on ICS, on a previous gen flagship phone no less. Then when I finally got ICS, Jelly Bean was right around the corner for everyone but me.

TL;DR Hate Moto but might come back for the right phone. Love Samsung though.

Moto has never been a very good phone maker. Look back at the original razor flip phone. HTC USED to be good, back when the G1 was first released. Now its all about quantity, not quality.

That aside, samsung has treated me very well over the last 2 or 3 years. First with the s2, then s3, then s4. Hell i still have all of them and still use them for various things. (Time lapse cameras, Media Center remote, dash cam etc...) Very durable and reliable series of phones.

How is battery life on the S5? My S3 has by far the worst battery of any phone I've owned. Almost as bad as my buddies that have iphones

Battery life on Droid Turbo is supposed to be crazy awesome. 3 days without recharging if you set it in some certain mode.