Is this a good deal?

iwashmycar

Talking about buying a Nikon V1 from a guy I know. I have no worries about the condition or operation. My concern is if 1. Is it a decent deal? 2. Good for a beginner. My wife and I really want to get a decent camera now that we have a new baby around! She doesn't want to record our life with only iPhone pics! (though they aren't all that bad!...maybe they are...i haven't a clue)

It is a Nikon V1 twin lens kit and everything it came with. (10-30 vr and 30-110 vr) with a add on hand grip, 2 extra batteries, extra charger, 2 8GB cards. They're asking 350.

Worth it? They are just selling due to an upgrade to a v2.

Thanks

Looking around at a couple of used sites, it lok slike a fair deal. I dont know much about the V1 other than what ill read reading amazon/google/ reviews but I cant see how your gonna go wrong with it.

So the real querstion is what do you want out of a camera, and does this do it?

Well the fact of that matter is my wife wants one. Just want to learn with it and try and get some good shots we can keep and share...I also think she just wants to take it up as a new hobby whether it be while we are out at a park, or offroading somewhere.

I have done some more looking as well this past hour and it seems decent. Not a killer deal, but the additional batteries and stuff may make it worth it. I think the shutter count is just over 16K, but he is meticulous with his stuff so I am not too worried about that...still seems a little 'high mileage'.