2014 Ford Focus ST

Sledhead36

Who in the area does the best tuning and mods on these? looking for intercooler, exhaust, intake, down tube...etc?

We have done a few of them -- All keeping the stock turbo and doing the upgraded intake / exhaust / intercooler around it. Tuning done via SCT and all have gone completely smooth.

Jeff

We have done a few of them -- All keeping the stock turbo and doing the upgraded intake / exhaust / intercooler around it. Tuning done via SCT and all have gone completely smooth.

Jeff

Interesting. What kind of gains are you seeing?

ford has a factory tune that is not too expensive...some Focus ST owners from Toledo were raving about it...they paid $200 for it a ford dealer and doesn't void warranty...check focus st forums

The big advantage over the FRPP tune is that Cobb/SCT can be calibrated for other mods, especially when you swap out the IC which is a huge choke point for this car.

ford has a factory tune that is not too expensive...some Focus ST owners from Toledo were raving about it...they paid $200 for it a ford dealer and doesn't void warranty...check focus st forums

This is a great idea, I did not know this existed. I'm looking into it.

I'd be shocked if it was here then. I bet 2016 as a 17.

Also, unless awd, who cares...

All signs are pointing to it being awd.

Got to ride in one of these when visiting the inlaws in Holland. Freaking insanely fun little cars.

If the interior was less boy racer / budget I'd buy one. I still may as a DD, but only if they relent and give a paddle auto - which is highly unlikely. Stick in rush hour traffic for 30years has done got old.

All signs are pointing to it being awd.

Got to ride in one of these when visiting the inlaws in Holland. Freaking insanely fun little cars.

If the interior was less boy racer / budget I'd buy one. I still may as a DD, but only if they relent and give a paddle auto - which is highly unlikely. Stick in rush hour traffic for 30years has done got old.

I hope it does get AWD, it'll be the only way it's relevant in today's performance culture in the states, IMO.

I agree about the boy racer looks both inside and out. I actually think it leads the pack (evo/sti/golf r) in that category, which isn't good. I should say, I still really like the exterior of them.

Almost zero chance of a dual clutch, don't think they have anything that can hold the power.

Edited by Aaron

Call it a boy racer all you want, if the RS putting 300hp to all 4 wheels, is tuneable, and is faster than an STi I'd rock the boy racer mobile all fuckin day. And it's looking like all of those are likely

WANT.

Thanks, I will.

If it's anything like the ST, it'll under perform for its on paper hp/tq. ;)