The Newsroom

RC K9

I've read some people being a little tired of these episode ending montages with the music they've been using but I think the main parts of the episodes have been amazing this season. What have you heard people being butthurt about? I don't want to post anything too spoilery for someone like Turbs who isn't caught up so I won't guess yet.

Only thing I've been butthurt about all season with this show was when I found out it was only 6 episodes for the final season. Someone mentioned that it was a short season to me after the 2nd episode I think and I was like, well, season 1 was 10 (standard HBO), season 2 was 9 so what is this one? 9 again? Maybe 8? 6. It hurt deep.

Libs are generally butthurt about the female rolls in the show, stating the men always "win" and the female characters are poorly written, (which my wife and I both completely disagree with.) And after this recent episode, the fags over at huffington post go all in on one of the story lines.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/08/the-newsroom-campus-rape_n_6290948.html

I for one thought Don had some very good points in the scene they are referring to, but it would seem not everyone agrees.

(And yes, I am butthurt that the series is only 3 seasons long, and that the final season is only 6 episodes long).

What's a shame is that always felt like the purpose of the show, ie the opening promo when he's sitting in the Q&A. The purpose is to butt hurt America and smack them around a little too, make people actually think outside their narrow 1 website views of the world...

I agree. That's why I love the show. That Q/A on america being/not being the greatest country on earth actually started a pretty intense 8 way conversation/debate among myself and some of my friends this past summer. That's what I love about it!

GREAT SHOW!!

Season 1 Episode 1 was epic. One of my favorite episodes of ANY show ever.

I almost wish this season wouldn't have happened. Last episode was great until the last 5 minutes. I can't see how they can wrap this show up in one episode and do it any justice.

I 100% agree with everything you posted.

GREAT SHOW!!

Season 1 Episode 1 was epic. One of my favorite episodes of ANY show ever.

I almost wish this season wouldn't have happened. Last episode was great until the last 5 minutes. I can't see how they can wrap this show up in one episode and do it any justice.

Libs are generally butthurt about the female rolls in the show, stating the men always "win" and the female characters are poorly written, (which my wife and I both completely disagree with.) And after this recent episode, the fags over at huffington post go all in on one of the story lines.

**** Spoiler****

wow really? the economist on the show (he name escapes me, the one dating Don), plays a strong, independent, well educated woman who literally takes shit from no one. Love her character.

I saw a random episode on HBO two weeks ago, found it on HBO OnDemand and binge watched the entire series over the last week and a half. I think its great and really wished it would last longer.

The writer/creator said in an interview they have one huge advantage in writing the show and that is hindsight. They can write about "breaking" news on the show that we all know what the real story line was b/c it happened months or even years ago (the offshore oil rig explosion episode, the real story was capping the well not the missing workers). Great show regardless.