Helmet Thoughts??

Cdubyah

Have to get a new helmet after the accident.

Had an HJC, not to shabby for the price, but pretty damn windy.

I was looking at the Scorpion EXO 700 Burst

EXO-700_BURST_RED-BLK.jpg

Anyone every had a 700? Thoughts? Opinions?

Don't really have the money for a Shoei, or Arai.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like my 700...its a little heavy like everyone else said. i've never had my visor even start to fog and changing from the clear to a dark visor takes about 10 seconds unlike some helmets.

I have a 700. It's decent for the monies. My wife has an Icon Mainframe and it is waaay lighter than my Scorpion but also cost $150 more. I will be spending the extra monies next time and buying a lighter lid but I have no serious complaints about the Scorpion. At least it isn't a fucking HJC. UGH!!

I looked at a couple of Icon helmets as well. Can't really find one I like though. Plus the extra $150' date=' is a little bit of a crunch right now.

I got one a few months ago to replace my Vega and I'm digging it so far. Weight is about average, but make sure you try it on before you buy it. The cheek pads are very snug at first, but they do break it after a few rides.

+1 scorpion.

How snug are we talkin? I have a pretty large melon.

I looked at a couple of Icon helmets as well. Can't really find one I like though. Plus the extra $150, is a little bit of a crunch right now.

How snug are we talkin? I have a pretty large melon.

I have the 700 and its a great helmet for the price. I wear a hat size 7 3/4s or 7 7/8s and went with the XXL on the Scorpion. Fits nice and snug, with no movement. I had an HJC and the 700 is 100x better.

I have a 700. It's decent for the monies. My wife has an Icon Mainframe and it is waaay lighter than my Scorpion but also cost $150 more. I will be spending the extra monies next time and buying a lighter lid but I have no serious complaints about the Scorpion. At least it isn't a fucking HJC. UGH!!

that scorpion has got to be a tank! my buddy has a icon mainframe and its heavy as shit!!

i got some cheap icon from the pony for a 3rd back up. an its heavy as hell also.

Suomy FTW!!!!

Icon mainframes, subhuman, hooligans are on ebay for $150-169.

check motosport.com

I bought mine there a while back and it was 84.00.

might be worth checkin out.

I like mine it looks good fits good, vents good but is pretty noisy that is about the only downside I have found so far..

I just think the inflatable cheek pads were a nice add. It let's you customize the fit.

Plus the internal retractable sun shield is nice to have.

Did you see the ones with the chameleon paint. NICE!!!!

I like mine it looks good fits good, vents good but is pretty noisy that is about the only downside I have found so far..

I read that there is more noise in a tucked riding position than an upright riding position. Any truth to that?

I just think the inflatable cheek pads were a nice add. It let's you customize the fit.

Plus the internal retractable sun shield is nice to have.

Did you see the ones with the chameleon paint. NICE!!!!

Looks like I will need to check those out again. The selection didn't look the greatest. But it was only like five or six.