New fastest import in the US

ImUrOBGYN

So....do you think they'll do an LS swap in 2015 so they can hit 5's? :gabe::lolguy:

Yes, that could happen. I'm pretty sure if you took the drive line out of Mark's vette and put it in a tube chassis car it could run a 5.

But I do wonder how much of that was still Toyota and how much of it was custom-made parts (likely made in the US)?

The head is clearly not original, nor the turbo, or reciprocating assembly. But what about the block? I'm not familiar enough with the finer points of this class of racing. Does it still have the original block, or is it a custom milled block built to be 2JZ-like?

I'm actually curious here. But if my suspicions are correct, I'll have to side with the "This is not an import" crowd.

Stock block in the car. It might have a stock head too that has been worked over. I know Titan was running a stock head years ago on their Outlaw 10.5 car.

The car is a tube chassis but the body a lot of the body panels are made off the stock molds I think, except for the nose. So, it does not have a VIN tag but there are not many race cars that do at this level.

I was standing behind the Zoian car when it made that pass, those guys have their shit sorted and that car straight boogies. It's gone 6.04 @ 247 since the video from MIR was posted.

Just don't stand on the exhaust side of a rotary, you might get burnt.

Stock block in the car. It might have a stock head too that has been worked over. I know Titan was running a stock head years ago on their Outlaw 10.5 car.

The car is a tube chassis but the body a lot of the body panels are made off the stock molds I think, except for the nose. So, it does not have a VIN tag but there are not many race cars that do at this level.

Stock block, I'm ok with calling it an "import". Even more so if the head is stock. Now if they call it the fastest Lexus, we'll have this discussion again.

Stock block, I'm ok with calling it an "import". Even more so if the head is stock. Now if they call it the fastest Lexus, we'll have this discussion again.

Why would it be a different discussion? It has Lexus body parts and I think it even has a VIN tag.

There are lots of race cars that still have VIN tags that have been monster garaged into a tube chassis beast.

We were at PK Race Cars a few weeks ago and I got to see exactly how some of these cars are built and its pretty neat. There was a C6 getting built with a full 25.3 chassis that had the VIN tag zip tied to the A-pillar since the firewall was being worked over.

Why would it be a different discussion? It has Lexus body parts and I think it even has a VIN tag.

There are lots of race cars that still have VIN tags that have been monster garaged into a tube chassis beast.

We were at PK Race Cars a few weeks ago and I got to see exactly how some of these cars are built and its pretty neat. There was a C6 getting built with a full 25.3 chassis that had the VIN tag zip tied to the A-pillar since the firewall was being worked over.

Because there's no Toyota engineering helping it down the track. You could strap that firewall and VIN plate to the back of the car and it would perform the same. Personally, I think if you're going to call it a certain car, it needs to have the full passenger cell and dashboard; like in WRC. Tub it, brace it, build a cage in it, but you have to move that profile down the 1/4.

Because there's no Toyota engineering helping it down the track. You could strap that firewall and VIN plate to the back of the car and it would perform the same. Personally, I think if you're going to call it a certain car, it needs to have the full passenger cell and dashboard; like in WRC. Tub it, brace it, build a cage in it, but you have to move that profile down the 1/4.

Its a very grey area, but there are lots of these cars that still have stock frame rails in them along with the uni-body. They just get lots of upgrades to fix that junk toyota engineering to get them to go down the track quick :)

Its really neat to see the engineering that goes into converting a FWD car to RWD. That was the other thing we got to see at PK, a Cobalt getting converted.

Haha I immediately had a vision of someone doing that.