How much is my furnace and AC unit worth

TonyG

Switching to GEO, trying to price out my used 8 year old 92% propane furnace and 3.5 Ton AC unit. Both Weather King. I have had them checked before I bought the house a couple months back and both checked out nicely. Wanna throw it up on clist but not sure how much to list for. I threw it up for $2500??

Doubt you'll get anywhere near that. You'll just have to find the right person, that just happens to need one right now. I'd say you'd be lucky to get $1,500 for a used system with no warranty, and no tech will want to touch. Your price is more than the new equipment costs.

Not trying to hurt a sale, just trying to help you price it to move. Delete this post if it is seen that way.

Honestly, you probably wouldn't get anywhere near $1,500 for used Weather King equipment

I agree. Used furnace equipment is pretty much destined for the recycle bin unless you find that one buyer looking for what you have. You may have better luck offloading the ac unit if someone is looking to upgrade or replace on the cheap though.

Sorry not sure what you mean by this. They will be unhooking tomorrow, should I advise them to do something special during removal?

When removing it, they can either run most of the refrigerant into the condenser/compressor (outdoor unit), or recover it into a separate tank.

Would the posts be different if it was a train? Bought a house that has a 8 year old train setup and we will be upgrading once we move in in the next few months?

Why upgrade if it's not having issues? My house has like a 20year old AC compressor, still works just fine and haven't seen any higher bills from my last house that I had to put a new AC/Furnace in. Just curious.

Why upgrade if it's not having issues? My house has like a 20year old AC compressor, still works just fine and haven't seen any higher bills from my last house that I had to put a new AC/Furnace in. Just curious.

New homeowners, he will realize if it's not broke don't fix it soon enough. :masturboy:

The unit thats in the house is inefficient for the size of house, the manufacturer built with it just at passing the specs.

New homeowners, he will realize if it's not broke don't fix it soon enough. :masturboy:

We currently own our current home were living in right now thank you very much.

BOOM

Sorry not sure what you mean by this. They will be unhooking tomorrow, should I advise them to do something special during removal?

When removing it, they can either run most of the refrigerant into the condenser/compressor (outdoor unit), or recover it into a separate tank.

If you plan on selling it, ask them to back the refrigerant into the outdoor condenser and then tape or cap off the copper where they cut it so no dirt or anything gets in it. That way there is refrigerant in it for whoever buys it and they don't have to add much for it to work properly