Soundbars....

Putty

My center channel I'm building is 3" tall. It can be done. You just need a center to handle vocal range and upper frequencies. Mains and sub will fill in the rest of the sound.

Are you using speakers that will be good and loud? If so, would you care if I assisted in making another like it? 3" sounds just like what I need.

8 2" vifa full range drivers.

Response curve is showing good range from 100-18000. Comb filtering will be needed around 200ish.

At quick glance, which would you suggest? I'll buy 7 or 8 of them.

http://i.imgur.com/V51tPtF.jpg

Edited by Putty

I bought this Pioneer one that was highly rated and competes with really expensive ones. It is awesome in a huge room. Pretty good deal too. Being Bluetooth you can connect a phone or tablet and play music and it sounds pretty damn good.

http://www.neweggflash.com/Product/N82E16886983017?nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsNF-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsNF-Mobile-_-pla-_-Home+Audio+Speakers-_-N82E16886983017&gclid=CNyM_PmOzsICFSwV7AodOXgAUw

Check out my edit above, the Tang Band speakers.

Here's my current speaker. I'd like to get as close to this sound as possible using smaller speakers like you've shown.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/CLovaR1/46B9DB0D-C4D8-4679-BE18-54CE9D27E40C_zpsnapgdjml.jpg

Okay so dumb question, if the one you've been using is great why not try harder to keep using it? Mount it lower to a different spot, or make a short pedestal for the new TV? I wood think that a couple peices of wood with routed edges, and some stain or black paint would make a not so noticable riser for the new TV.

What you're looking at is the speaker sitting under a 50". From what I measured, when I put the new 65" up there, the space that will be where the speaker is will be roughly 3", less than half the height of that speaker. As much as I would love to keep using it, I can't.

I'm left to build a center hoping using 8 2" speakers will give me the sounds of my existing.

I bought this Pioneer one that was highly rated and competes with really expensive ones. It is awesome in a huge room. Pretty good deal too. Being Bluetooth you can connect a phone or tablet and play music and it sounds pretty damn good.

http://www.neweggflash.com/Product/N82E16886983017?nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsNF-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsNF-Mobile-_-pla-_-Home+Audio+Speakers-_-N82E16886983017&gclid=CNyM_PmOzsICFSwV7AodOXgAUw

Sorry Putty for crashing your thread.

Ben-can you please tell me what wires run to/from this? I'm doing a wall mount setup, and I dont want to re-drywall anything.

Thanks

Tom

I believe it is Red and white RCA, and Fiber Optic Digital. I use the fiber optic digital to the TV and have the TV speakers off. It sounds awesome. Had it about a year above a fireplace where I will never put a home theater but need more volume for a large room. The sub connects wireless.

I'm left to build a center hoping using 8 2" speakers will give me the sounds of my existing.

Good luck with that. Once you have it built I would love to see a picture of the complete setup with TV. I never really cared to streamline my speakers. My 60 inch sits in the middle of 2 large Sony Floor speakers. I actually like how it looks ;)

Good luck with that. Once you have it built I would love to see a picture of the complete setup with TV. I never really cared to streamline my speakers. My 60 inch sits in the middle of 2 large Sony Floor speakers. I actually like how it looks ;)

Speaker order was made today. My TV also sits between two tower speakers, but nothing delivers voice like a good center channel.

I wanted my TV mounted in the corner in our living room and was running into a similar problem as you. Where do you mount the center channel?

Ended up with some used Artison speakers for dirty cheap on eBay. Super happy with them. The upper woofers and tweeter are mono and work as the center channel while the lowers work as the normal L R.

I had to buy grilles and mounting brackets but they are great for wall/plasma style speakers. I found the correct surrounds not long after. sorry the pictures sucks but you get the idea.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/cruizin01/House/IMG_0042_zps2ef59933.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/cruizin01/House/IMAG0605_zps2aa9fcb3.jpg

Looks good. Typically its not recommended the way you have them but if you are happy with it thats all that matter. You may want to look into how you can wire them correctly. If you just piggy back them they will create a 4ohm load on your receiver instead of 8 (typically) Make sure your receiver is able to handle that. Im not an expert by any means though.

The speakers I have are designed to be setup the way I have them.

Thanks I hadn't thought of beside the TV until your post. Buying that other Polk was more than a DIY center build, but I know that Polk produces the sound I want, now two is even better.

As for my receiver, if running those in series causes a problem, it'll be the reason I needed to replace it with one that has more HDMI inputs.