Quick jack

GRN96WS6

Anyone have one of these yet? I just got mine today after ordering it in early October, why it took so long I have no clue. If there was a suitable competitor I would've canceled my order and went a other route. . I haven't set it up yet but do plan to use it this weekend to do a brake fluid flush.

I bought the 5000lb model.

http://i.imgur.com/5cSXWjJl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5H8QJmjl.jpg

Edited by GRN96WS6

I'm interested to see real life clearance on these. I've thought more than a time or two about them but most require more ground clearance than I have available on my lowered vehicles.

No series of spacers made of wood would allow them to work?

I'm interested to see real life clearance on these. I've thought more than a time or two about them but most require more ground clearance than I have available on my lowered vehicles.

I'll take some pics when I use it. They do have different rubber blocks that may alow it to work for you. I don't think the unit collapsed is all that tall, maybe 2inches, I'll try to get perspective and have a tape measure handy.

I remember reading a review that was upset at the advertised profile of 2" being inaccurate, real world was 2.75" if I recall.

That's my concern is real life. 2.75 would be extremely close for the brake ducts and front splitter on the GT3. Audi is even lower with the snow tires on it, drags body seams over even pretty mild speed bumps.

That's my concern is real life. 2.75 would be extremely close for the brake ducts and front splitter on the GT3. Audi is even lower with the snow tires on it, drags body seams over even pretty mild speed bumps.

From the videos it looks like you can just slide the units in from the side. No need to drive over the jacks.

Looks cool, just doesn't seem like a lot of "jack" holding your ride up. I think Id rather do the Max Jacks even though its not quite as simple/portable.

From the videos it looks like you can just slide the units in from the side. No need to drive over the jacks.

Looks cool, just doesn't seem like a lot of "jack" holding your ride up. I think Id rather do the Max Jacks even though its not quite as simple/portable.

I don't understand these comments. It's the same as 4 jack stands holding up your car, what's different?

I looked at the max jax but we're moving soon and likely renting so no way I could drill into a rented property floor to use it so this was the next best thing.

I don't understand these comments. It's the same as 4 jack stands holding up your car, what's different?

Your exactly right there isn't any difference.

Lets just say Im not super comfortable crawling under a car that's this far off the ground just on jack stands. Ill usually find a legit lift somewhere if need be.

I do think this would be awesome for wheel swaps and brake jobs.

:thumbup:

Your exactly right there isn't any difference.

Lets just say Im not super comfortable crawling under a car that's this far off the ground just on jack stands. Ill usually find a legit lift somewhere if need be.

I do think this would be awesome for wheel swaps and brake jobs.

:thumbup:

That's pretty much my plans with it, never intend to be crawling under it for hours doing exhaust or trans work. I did swap my trans out of my old ws6 many a time on regular old jack stands though.

Rally teams use these all the time. They had these at PRI too and they looked fairly well built.

I'd rather have Max Jax so I can do exhaust, trans, diff, etc. seems like you can't do that with this. Just my personal preference.

Edited by bmwohio