A good example of why not to concealed carry off your body

Richard Cranium

Joe and Howard even mentioned this in the class last weekend.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2014/12/30/us-wal-mart-shooting-idaho.html

HAYDEN, Idaho (AP) — Authorities in northern Idaho say a 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a Wal-Mart store and the concealed gun fired.

Kootenai County sheriff's spokesman Stu Miller tells reporters that the shooting was accidental and occurred in the store in Hayden, Idaho, a town about 40 miles northeast of Spokane, Washington.

Miller says the woman had a concealed weapons permit. Her identity has not been released.

The Wal-Mart closed after the shooting.

Hayden is a politically conservative town of about 9,000 people just north of Coeur d'Alene in Idaho's northern panhandle.

gun in purse with safety off?

That part doesn't surprise me. My gun doesn't have a safety.

gun not holstered in a purse with a trigger light enough for a 2 year old to easily set off is what gets me.

it's completely negligent to let a child anywhere near an unlocked container with a firearm, loaded or not.

The woman was identified as Veronica J. Rutledge, 29, of Blackfoot, Idaho. Authorities said she had a concealed weapons permit. Miller said the young boy was left in a shopping cart, reached into the victim's purse and grabbed a small caliber handgun, which discharged one time.

As sad as it is, and I don't want to see anyone shot, better her get shot than the kid shoot himself.

No one is going to carry a single action revolver, or a revolver with the hammer back, making it single action. That is why I said it would have to be a heavy trigger pull for the kid. Meaning, in double action, that pull is 12-14lbs.

will be interesting to see the follow up...

No one is going to carry a single action revolver, or a revolver with the hammer back, making it single action. That is why I said it would have to be a heavy trigger pull for the kid. Meaning, in double action, that pull is 12-14lbs.

Yes I get it. Hence the comment that one would have to be a real idiot to walk around like that.