Molot Vepr 12 and Sightmark optics

XChris1632X

May or may not know of someone who acquired a vepr 12 this weekend. I have been in the saiga 12 market for over a year and eventually got turned on the the Vepr due to what most people say is a superior gun when compared to the saigas. Went to Vances looking for something that makes my dick tingle at a good price. Just out of curiosity I doubtfuly asked if they had any saigas as they are getting harder to find. After he got his laugh out of the way he said all he has is this knock off. The guy didn't know shotguns well. Once he hands it to me I realized it was a Vepr. I didn't even consider asking if they had one as I thought it would be much harder to find due to ban and limited production.

Haven't shot it yet but really looking forward to it. I wanted a sight on it before I shot it. Since the day I became interested in these guns I wanted to run an eotech 512 on it. Once I got it I have started to second guess. I only have aimpoints and never ran an eotech so I have little first hand experience with them. I started to think about something cheaper with it being a shotgun and the distances I will be shooting it and started to think an eotech may be overkill for this gun. Especially since I only have 1 five round mag at this time and I will easily have acouple hundred in higher capacity mags and a drum. So I decided to give the sightmark ultra shot dual optic and laser. I second guessed the laser a lot but it was only 50 more and figured it could make it fun shooting at a more relaxed aim. After mounting the optic I am still skeptical about the laser due to size and possibilities of it getting in the way of the gun running properly. Anyone have any experience with auto 12's or sightmark optics? I still wonder if I made the right decision on optics.

I assume the sight mark will get killed by the recoil of that gun... But I've been wrong before. Best of luck!

That was my original fear as well. I have read that people say it will take it no problem. I picked it up at Cabelas for $150. The guy at the counter swears they are awesome for the price and they will handle the shotgun. I plan on abusing it this weekend and returning it if I have problems.

I love that gun! Who did you talk to at Vance's?

I don't remember his name. I dealt with a couple guys.

7862434844_62ac1a185a_m.jpgSaiga12 ready to rock by harmonda, on Flickr

My Saiga...it was picky about ammo until I installed a low-brass kit...now it cycles everything.

love it. I would like to do a rail and forward grip.