I Found a Daily Driver

Dr. Pomade

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I had a chance to open it up a bit yesterday. I'm impressed with how hard it pulls at freeway speeds.

I love it so far. It drives a lot smaller than what it is, and it feels really planted to the road. The steering is about as good as anything I've ever owned (and this despite the fact that a lot of car pundits have taken the F10 M5 to task for its lack of steering feel, etc.).

I've taken particular pleasure in the fact that I can get the back end loose with some throttle. (I haven't had that since the Z06, and I forgot how much I missed it.) There's something invigorating about having a car right on the edge of being out of control.

Let's hope my next thread isn't: My Daily Driver Found Its Way into a Tree

Love it man...I am a fan of 2 car colors: white and black- this thing looks like pure sex.

Maybe the pictures aren't loading (work internet is weird). What does the interior look like?

Damn this thing looks awesome.

I share the same sentiment about car colors.

No pictures of the interior yet. Black interior with dark wood trim. Interior is in immaculate condition. Whole car is, really.

Also, to add, I'm particularly pleased with it's stance. Very aggressive, but not too much. I don't feel compelled to lower it at all.

Also, the car sounds great. I know a lot of F10 M5 guys have complained about the lack of exhaust note at WOT, but I think it sounds fine. I might become bored with it eventually, but for now I don't have any issues with it.

I love the stance...any lower and you're too low, and any higher and you're 4x4 status.

What year is it? Shit, I thought it was brand new. It looks like it's in amazing condition, and white exterior on black interior is pure sex. My Accord is black on black and I love it.

I love the stance...any lower and you're too low, and any higher and you're 4x4 status.

What year is it? Shit, I thought it was brand new. It looks like it's in amazing condition, and white exterior on black interior is pure sex. My Accord is black on black and I love it.

It's a 2014. It has 15K miles. Yeah, the white exterior - black interior is exactly what I wanted. There for a hot minute, I considered going with an oyster (white) interior, but I know how that turns out: looking like shit eventually even with light wear and tear. (The oyster interior was on a good deal M5 I was looking at, but the one I got turned out to be an even better deal.)

I agree with you on the stance 100%

Very nice looking car. Hope you enjoy it man =D

Would love to see pics of the interior if you have any.

I'll try to get some interior shots. Right now, with the weather, I'm not all that motivated to play photographer. :)

It's also a nice feeling to have a car that you know will still be respectable 10-15 years from now; look at how 2000's E39 M5's are still highly-regarded and hold their value well. Even if you saved $10k on getting a 535 or 550 over the M5, you'd possibly lose that money anyway down the road getting back into another car when you wanted an upgrade. As far as rationale, I think that makes the M5 a good automotive investment.

I do consider myself to be a smart man, but I struggle with the tax-writeoff circumstances where someone buys/leases a car for 1 year, puts break-in mileage on it, and gets rid of it. I've got a number in my head what the car may have cost you, and someone (some company? LLC?) took a $30k-ish hit? Man...depreciation is a bish.

It's also a nice feeling to have a car that you know will still be respectable 10-15 years from now; look at how 2000's E39 M5's are still highly-regarded and hold their value well. Even if you saved $10k on getting a 535 or 550 over the M5, you'd possibly lose that money anyway down the road getting back into another car when you wanted an upgrade. As far as rationale, I think that makes the M5 a good automotive investment.

I do consider myself to be a smart man, but I struggle with the tax-writeoff circumstances where someone buys/leases a car for 1 year, puts break-in mileage on it, and gets rid of it. I've got a number in my head what the car may have cost you, and someone (some company? LLC?) took a $30k-ish hit? Man...depreciation is a bish.

Closer to $40K. Yeah, no lube for previous owner.

I got this at a phenomenal price. I think all the planets aligned for it to happen. Or, this car was used to murder someone and that just hasn't shown up on the Carfax yet.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I've taken particular pleasure in the fact that I can get the back end loose with some throttle. (I haven't had that since the Z06, and I forgot how much I missed it.) There's something invigorating about having a car right on the edge of being out of control.

Let's hope my next thread isn't: My Daily Driver caught on fire

Fixed for you.

:gabe:

Sweet ride

Awesome car :)

We've had quite a few in but can't remember seeing a white one yet.

Here is one we had in right before Christmas with just upgraded exhaust and tune:

16188554956_0e63b0d083_b.jpg2014 M by JMYphotography, on Flickr

Like I said Tilley-I would have done this DAY ONE.

No brainier! Nice purchase :)

I drove a buddies up here, and the most notable thing was the "thrust". I would not call it acceleration, its more like a fast boat if that makes sense-it never pulls harder in one gear than another-its always just about the same. 40-60, fell likes 100-120, which oddly feels like 160-180. Its just always thrusting. :p

Here is one we had in right before Christmas with just upgraded exhaust and tune:

Nice. :cool: Expect a call from me in the spring.

Drive it in the snow yet?

Fortunately, we also have a SUV in the household, so I don't have to worry about driving it in inclement weather. (As an aside, I live so close to where I work that Uber-ing it is a very viable alternative.) However, I did have it out last night, and I was surprised how it made it up an inclined alley covered with ice very near my house.

Like I said Tilley-I would have done this DAY ONE.

No brainier! Nice purchase :)

I drove a buddies up here, and the most notable thing was the "thrust". I would not call it acceleration, its more like a fast boat if that makes sense-it never pulls harder in one gear than another-its always just about the same. 40-60, fell likes 100-120, which oddly feels like 160-180. Its just always thrusting. :p

Agreed. It's not like it "hits" really hard at any one point, but it pulls robustly at just about every point.

If you don't mind me asking, who did the tune? Sorry for clutter up the thread even more.