Credit Card points hackers.

SRTurbo04

Just bought a house will be buying ALL NEW appliances and furniture. Teach me the ways to get the best bang for the buck for miles/cash back out of a credit card. I work for discover so i know that game, so what else is out there. Willing to open multiple cards to get the best bang for the buck. APR isant a concern due to the balance being payed off once making the purchase.

Who/what/why, ready go!

EDIT: 815-830 credt score. Not worried about getting approved

Edited by Paul

Guess it depends on the credit score. A lot of the better options will require a good score. Capital one quicksilver is a good card gives 1% back on everything anywhere. Chase Freedom you can 1% on anything or 5% on select purchases (this quarter is grocery stores, starbucks and something else) Changes every quarter. Usually at least 1 is pretty solid. Gas and grocery stores are pretty frequent.

Guess it depends on the credit score. A lot of the better options will require a good score. Capital one quicksilver is a good card gives 1% back on everything anywhere. Chase Freedom you can 1% on anything or 5% on select purchases (this quarter is grocery stores, starbucks and something else) Changes every quarter. Usually at least 1 is pretty solid. Gas and grocery stores are pretty frequent.

815-830 score. Not worried about getting approved

American Express blue cash Your get 6% back on grocery purchases. Buy gift cards and buy your appliances through home depot and lowes. Could seem like a nice option. $75 yearly fee however. (Your also get 3% back on all gas and department store purchases).

Citi has a double rewards card where you get 1% at purchase and 1% when you pay it off.

Not a cc thing but when we bought our house and we're planning on doing alot of shopping I changed our address on the usps site like 10 times. It's $1 each time but they send you a 10% lowes coupon. That's combined with chase freedom (5% back a lowes or Amazon sometimes). Or I like the us bank cash plus card. 5% cash back on gas or groceries, 2% on 2 categories (fast food, car rental, furniture stores, etc.) And 1% on everything else.

American Express blue cash Your get 6% back on grocery purchases. Buy gift cards and buy your appliances through home depot and lowes. Could seem like a nice option. $75 yearly fee however. (Your also get 3% back on all gas and department store purchases).

Citi has a double rewards card where you get 1% at purchase and 1% when you pay it off.

the gift card idea might just work out for the appliances thanks.

Check out The Points Guy on Facebook. He just put out an article o what he things are the current 10 best CC offers.
will do

My home store of choice is Lowes. I have a Lowes CC and get 5% off everything there so I use it a good bit being a homeowner. They probably just mark everything up 5% but whatever :)
thought this might be the best bet along with doing the change of address coupons. There is a menards home depot and I think lowes near the new place.

Chase sapphire preferred has 40k sign up bonus. I probably have an invite I can send to you.

Whats that equate to in money or?

If you are looking for new appliances, I can send you a link to the Whirlpool friends & family discount website if you want to check out their prices. Sometimes you can find good deals but other times you can find better at Lowes. Send me your email via PM if you are interested.

I get 1% on my credit card through United Federal credit union. I buy everything I can with it and pay it off as soon as the charges pop up. I've heard Chase has had 2% cards before, but never got an offer from them.

Pics of house?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/04srturbo/20141206_135401_zpswsuppoi4.jpg

Where's the house? Same area your living now?

Lewis center, a block from alum creek boat ramps

Need to get in touch with toosweet to see if he has some appliances for you.. saved a ton of money.

Ahhh thats right thanka for the reminder

This is exactly what I do with anything that has gift cards. Restaurants, Xmas stuff, you name it. 6% back because I bought the gift card at Giant Eagle and I'm also getting the gas discount... :cool:

It is pretty easy just sign up for a card from a store for something you buy from often. I normally use my debit card for everything but I quit that. I have a lowes card for anything home related. Big purchases give no APR for a year or so I can't remember, or instant 5% off. Kind of worth it if you are doing lots of home renovation.

Do you go to kroger or giant eagle? Use your store card to buy gift cards and get free gas.

If you don't like that many other cards will give you 1% back on everything. I use a cabela's card. It gives 1% back on anything and 2% on in store purchases. I wish I could pay all of my bills like mortgage with it but I can't. I do pay a few rotating ones and pay off the credit card immediately. I end up with $20 a month in store credit for cabelas. I am sure you could find another store you shop at often that does the same thing.