Re-manufactured Tires?

S-13

I have been looking for a tire for my brother's bike (180/55zr17) and came across a company that re manufactures tires for bikes. Has anyone ever heard of a re manufactured bike tire before? Has anyone ever used one? I'm just trying to decide if it would be worth it to just spend the extra money to get one brand new. My brother is in pretty desperate need at this point for a tire being that his tread is completely gone and the radials are showing in some spots. Here's the company that re manufactures/sells them, they are about $85.00 including shipping. http://www.cycletires.com/index2.html

Thanks to all for the replies. I was unsure about it so I figured I'd post a thread. My uneasy suspicions have been reinforced and I won't be buying a reman. Especially for my brother's bike, I'd feel pretty bad if something happened to him cause I bought a crap tire. Any suggestions on a half way decent cheap tire?

I mounted up a set of Tomahawks for my cheap ass buddy and they were so stiff it took three of us to get 'em on the rim. He came back in four days and we took them off and put some BS BT004 r/t's he found pretty cheap.

Don't run re-mans