Need a shade-tree mechanic to hire

BigOxley

There is a good TRUCKS! episode with a LS swap on a C10. Looked super simple with space and tools (two things I don't have.) the biggest thing was installing a new gas tank and pump, which involved some fabrication to the bed. Engine and transmission bolted right in. Exhaust manifolds didn't fit without some frame modification, but some more research I found that newer Camaro SS manifolds fit without modification. There is a company that will reset/rewire the PCM for under $500ish

You can get an engine hoist on the cheap or even pay someone on here to use theirs, use it to drop the motor in and bolt it up. Hell, you can do this in the street, then jack the front up and jack the trans up and bolt it up. No special tools are really needed. Just a basic wrench and socket set for the most part. Harbor freight is your friend for these tools. Lifetime warranty and when I supplied my own tools as a tech half the tools I sued were HF and I never had an issue with any of them. It may seem super intimidating but so much info on the internet makes this stuff easy anymore. Loads of people have pretty much written a How To LSx and you can get it all for free..

If you're serious about all this start here, read, read, and read until you can read no more. Let it sink in then read it again. A lot of this stuff is about boosting LSx engines, but it still lays everything out (for the most part) you'll need and give you an idea of what exactly is involved. Stock PCM vs Microsquirt, TH350/400 vs 4Lx0E. The site layout is sub-par at best, but for free info this is as good as it gets.

https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/