Tire Brands?

siggywiggy

I am new to the street so i do not know what brands of tires hold up well. I just went through a dunlop qualifier in 2500 miles. It is blistering right down the middle. The tire gripped really well, but didn't last long at all. Any suggestions on brands of tire to use.

whats your thoughts on shinko, full bore, michelin, dunlop, pirelli?

I will be doing some hard cornering as well as some long rides.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Pirelli Diablo Strada, good long wear (7000 miles on the last rear on my 1100XX) good grip, good wet grip...all around good tire.

I know a few people who swear by the pilot power/pilot road combo, too.

Personally I'm a big fan of the Pirelli Diablo Strada, good long wear (7000 miles on the last rear on my 1100XX) good grip, good wet grip...all around good tire.

+1 I actually got almost 10K out of my last set.

I did a lot more commuting on that set also...I never felt uncomfortable in the corners either. It was scrubbed from edge to edge.

+1 I actually got almost 10K out of my last set.

I did a lot more commuting on that set also...I never felt uncomfortable in the corners either. It was scrubbed from edge to edge.

my 1100 eats tires like it eats vtwins in the straightaways, quickly and without remorse...:lol:

there are shinko rear tires on ebay for about $100 but was a little weary. 1. for being that much cheaper, it made me wonder. 2. i had never heard of the brand. i think i can get a new michy power rear for about $130-$140 as well, so it might be worth the xtra $20 to go with michy

http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1193

Look at the price of the 180 series.

Couldn't resist...not a Pilot Power but a Dunlop Qualifier....I'm pretty sure this is not the right price, but there is a guy locally in Wooster that keeps PP & DQ tires stocked and he said he will match any price. I know my buddy printed this out + shipping and paid some ridiculous low price for a 180 qualifier. I couldn't believe that the guy selling the tires didn't actually call the company to verify that was the correct price.

I've run the PP and DQ's and love them both. I'm anxious to try these Pirelli Supercorsas I threw on the other day.

http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1193

Look at the price of the 180 series.

Couldn't resist...not a Pilot Power but a Dunlop Qualifier....I'm pretty sure this is not the right price, but there is a guy locally in Wooster that keeps PP & DQ tires stocked and he said he will match any price. I know my buddy printed this out + shipping and paid some ridiculous low price for a 180 qualifier. I couldn't believe that the guy selling the tires didn't actually call the company to verify that was the correct price.

I've run the PP and DQ's and love them both. I'm anxious to try these Pirelli Supercorsas I threw on the other day.

arad whos the dude in wooster..got a contact# and some info

My suggestions:

Mich.. Pilot Power are as good as the 2CTs if you are not doing a lot of track

Conti (great tires)...Put a Sportattack in the front and Roadattack in the rear

I have no experience with Pirellis...but I am sure they are so good.

Here are some sites to look for cheap tires...trusted/bought and good service

Derby Cycles (Michelin)

Derby Cycles (Continental)

Derby Cycles (Bridgestone)

Ride Direct