Sprint....T-Mobile....or stick with Verizon?

coltboostin

They are 1/2 of my current Verizon bill for the same service and data. I am OK with OK service. I currently have 3 lines (pay for Mom) with 8G and pay $169 a month. (discounted since I am month to month)

I don't need 4G when I am in Yosemite National Park. I have WiFi at work and Home. Is there any reason I should not switch?

I would love to hear form all sides on this.

Sprint made me an upset person, with a poor outlook on life. I often wonder why i thought saving money was worth my sanity? Funny thing is, i pay less now with verizon.

They all have their faults, but i was unable to make calls from my house. Unless i sat next to the airwave. I will forever hate sprint, the color yellow, and big bird.

Sprint did teach me one thing; how to say very hurtful, mean, and degrading things to unhelpful tech support/billing/retention/csr with out the use of swear words. I tool full advantage of knowing they give 3 strikes tho.

edit:At one point i was paying the upcharge for smart phone data and getting 28k speeds in mid 2k14.

Coverage and service were terrible for me with Sprint. Only T-Mobile issue I have they screw around on the bill some, but a quick call and they fix it stating "I'm not sure what that charge is for" lol. Nice thing with T-Mobile is if they piss you off you can leave anytime as its all no contract, just make sure you take a factory unlocked phone to them and your gold.

I switched from Verizon (fucking expensive) to t mobile in October. Love t mobile. Great service and fast lte. Customer service is nice and warranties a broken phone no questions asked.

The one complaint I have is I have yet to receive my etf refund of $500 for switching to them. I have been getting the run around for months now. Beside that great service and it's cheap.

I had Sprint and it was poor for me. I had T-Mobile and was happy with it. This was before LTE was around. I'd lose coverage around hocking. You have the best, imo.

Who do you have now?

I have sprint and have zero issues with service. I have spark LTE here in columbus and when i travel occasionally ill get 3g in some areas but its fast enough to do what I need to do.

I am very happy with Sprint, signed up when the iphone 6 came out. I put zero down for the phone and pay $81 per month with taxes included for unlimited talk, text, and data.

Is there a reliable way to figure out Sprint's real coverage area? I would hate to get the phone and not have coverage in my house!! Also, do you have to bring a phone with you to Sprint? I like my Droid Maxx but I am not sure if I can "unlock" it.

Have you thought of boost mobile? i have a 100 off promo going on when you switch from another carrier. I can give you 100 off my cost on any phone you'd like.

you also will not be able to use your droid maxx with any carrier outside the verizon network. Pageplus is a great choice but there plans suck when it comes to internet

Is there a reliable way to figure out Sprint's real coverage area? .

When i called and complained repeatedly I finally got to talk to a guy who told me tower statistics for the one near my house.

98 is great

96 is good

94 is poor.

Mine was a 76, they told me it was being repaired or upgraded for like 14 months. It never got any better. I was given an airwave and it helped if you were next to it.

I switched to Sprint last year when my Att bills were reaching 250 a month for two lines. One of the biggest mistakes I've ever made, absolute horrible service. Not worth the savings.

I was going to cancel the first month while I still had the option, they told me a tower was out and my first two months will be free. I thought wow, Sprints customer service rocks! They really sucked me in, a year + in and nothing has changed. Many calls to bitch and complain but it goes nowhere. I used to sync my phone with my car and listen to music that way, it's almost impossible with Sprint. Constant buffering, calls always drop. It's also not just where I live, whenever I travel too. I'm not joking when I say my service was better with another carrier ten years ago.

Sprint is the reason people go crazy, smoke signals are more reliable.

Who do you have now?

Is there a reliable way to figure out Sprint's real coverage area? I would hate to get the phone and not have coverage in my house!! Also, do you have to bring a phone with you to Sprint? I like my Droid Maxx but I am not sure if I can "unlock" it.

I used to drive truck cross country, if you travel much at all you won't like Sprint, weak coverage and their system at least used to require you to reboot the phone to get a good connection when traveling or you get shitty connections, T-Mobile is somewhat better. Verizon has the best coverage overall and for data, for voice AT&T is best.

I live in Westerville and my neighbor has Sprint, and he just switched because the coverage was awful out here. He also works in Marysville and said the coverage was awful there too.

I've had At&T since the 1st Gen Iphone and can't complain at all.....

That's all I got.

I have had T-Mobile for about 4 years now. Love the speeds and they are as reliable as anyone else i have ever had. that being said i'm not out of the city much. when i am, i don't miss LTE. as long as i can make a call i'm good, and i have never had a problem doing that.

Have you thought of boost mobile? i have a 100 off promo going on when you switch from another carrier. I can give you 100 off my cost on any phone you'd like.

you also will not be able to use your droid maxx with any carrier outside the verizon network. Pageplus is a great choice but there plans suck when it comes to internet

I am assuming you work for boost mobile? What is the benefit besides the coupon?

I used to drive truck cross country, if you travel much at all you won't like Sprint, weak coverage and their system at least used to require you to reboot the phone to get a good connection when traveling or you get shitty connections

So, it looks like T-Mobile >Sprint is a general consensus? I may just suck it up, and just fire up the old LLC and write it all off.

I have Verizon.. I get reception just about everywhere except inside my house.

The Verizon Edge program is pretty cool, where the price of the phones are chopped up into all the months of your 2yr contract. It sounds gimmicky, but if you have a 10GB (shared or not) plan you get a $25 per month credit. My Note4 is $29/mo, so, the physical phone costs $4/mo. If you have under a 10GB plan you'll end up paying more than retail for the phone. I stream music every second in my car and generally fall within 6-8 gigs a month, so it all works out.

I have Verizon.. I get reception just about everywhere except inside my house.

The Verizon Edge program is pretty cool, where the price of the phones are chopped up into all the months of your 2yr contract. It sounds gimmicky, but if you have a 10GB (shared or not) plan you get a $25 per month credit. My Note4 is $29/mo, so, the physical phone costs $4/mo. If you have under a 10GB plan you'll end up paying more than retail for the phone. I stream music every second in my car and generally fall within 6-8 gigs a month, so it all works out.

Yeah, but whats your total bill?

Thats just to always have the "latest and greatest" phone right? I dont need that, not a techy nerd type.

So, it looks like T-Mobile >Sprint is a general consensus?

Yes, and not just on CR, but most forums I'm on.

I've had T-Mo since 2002 and I've never wanted to switch. They have the best customer service, the best price, the best attitude towards customer satisfaction and doesn't want to lock your phone down so that they can have total control over you, and works the best out of other any of the other carriers when it comes to traveling to other countries. People like to say it has crappy coverage, but it's just not true. Yes, it's not like Verizon's coverage, but like you said, you don't give a shit about reception in Yosemite.

I just recently switched to their $50/m plan and it's great. Unlimited voice and text with 1GB of data. It's perfect for someone that's always on wifi, and even if you go over, you wont get charged overages. your speed just gets throttled down. Most popular music streaming services don't even count towards your data usage.

There is rumor that Google will be launching their own service provider this year which will be running on T-Mo AND Sprints network. I might consider switching to that depending what the price and stipulations are.

Oh and the Verizon Edge plan is just a copy of what T-Mo has, where you can pay your phone off monthly. They also just introduced SCORE, which is basically the opposite. You pay $5 a month extra to join SCORE and then after 6 months you get a free entry level smart phone or after 12 months you get a big discount on all smartphones.

I am in the process of switching from Verizon. Bill is too expensive. $142/mo for 2 phones and 2GB of data per line. I am going to Sprint prepaid. We are buying our phones, and then the 3GB of data per line, unlimited talk/text for $45/mo each.

I was informed that up until sometime this past fall, Sprint service was bad because they were upgrading their towers which caused several to be down at one time. They said the upgrade is complete and service is much better. So, we'll see.