Sprint....T-Mobile....or stick with Verizon?

coltboostin

Those with T-mobile-does there plan come with a phone?

It doesn't come with a phone, but if you need one, it will be paid off monthly. I think I saw that the LG G3 for example, is $0 down - $63 per month. Or you can bring your own phone.

I don't think there's a better deal than buying the Nexus 5 straight from Google for $350.

I just switched to T-Mobile after being with Verizon for at least the last 10 years. I do not like Verizon's corporate policy of modifying TCP traffic to insert a specific ID into *every* web request you make so advertisers can target you exactly. It's fucking shady.

In cities, T-Mobile is great. Outside of cities, the service is TERRIBLE. I drive between Pittsburgh and DC, Youngstown, Columbus, and Cleveland/Toledo and I'm lucky to get edge for 70% of the trip and it's not fast enough to stream even NPR most of the time. Really disappointing. There are large gaps with no service. I'm considering picking up and AT&T prepaid SIM just for city to city travel. However, I believe in voting with my dollar and REFUSE to support Verizon's traffic modifying. It's worth it to me.

You should be roaming on AT&T with T-Mo. Voice and text is free and you get up to 50mb of data.

It does roam to AT&T (at least, I've seen it once in the mountains between Pittsburgh and DC) but I need more than that 50mb of data. :)

There are spots between Chicago and DC that I dont get service with Verizon

But your talking about internet services it seems? Streaming NPR? If I can make a phone call, I am good to go. I am not going to be facebooking while driving. :p

Both. Internet is really bad, but I can't take a phone call most of the way between Pittsburgh and Toledo (except when in the vicinity of Cleveland and Youngstown), for example. Same with the trip to DC. You have signal, just not reliable service. I generally hold hour or longer conversations to when I do a drive like that, helps pass the time, but I just can't do it anymore on T-Mobile. Calls drop way too frequently. I was driving to Toledo a few weeks ago and the call dropped every three or four minutes, I gave up after 6 tries.

T-Mobile or Verizon IMO. Verizon if you travel and need data, T-Mobile if you don't.

My bill is $60/mo for unlimited talk, text, and 2 GBs of data through Verizon, device upgrade every 2 years. I am with Chase but Verizon's "loyalty plan" or whatever was like $5 cheaper than our employee discount. I rarely use more than 1 GB of data per month, between WiFi being almost everywhere and Spotify saving tracks for "offline" listening. Service is fantastic and the only place I haven't had data was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY out in Hocking Hills, like where people don't even live. I could still talk and text though.

I kind touched on what I felt about Verizon in my previous cell phone thread but I will rehash. I've been a subscriber since 2001. I have signal everywhere but some parts of hocking hills and parts driving through some mountains in WV. Driving state to state everything works. Pandora streams for hours driving through states with almost no issues. I've never said to myself why the fuck can't I make a phone call, why does my call keep dropping while I am driving, why can't send a text message, why don't I have enough signal to open google.com? I've made calls without drops on Hawaii, on the border of California and Mexico, the middle of cornfields Nebraska, and more wind turbines than humans Illinois.

As for a company I fucking haaaaate verizon. I feel they are shady, overcharge, and fill their phones with useless apps that you can't uninstall unless rooted. I can't complain that much on my monthly bill as I have an employee discount. I get 20% off the voice part of my bill. My 2 year contract is up as of this month and my final bill after fees/tax is $90. That includes unlimited calls, SMS/MMS, and 4GB of monthly data. It used to be the same price for 3GB. They put me on some fancy plan a few months ago since I am a "loyal customer" as they worded it. I am all for the extra data. With all my music streaming while driving I am all for it.