A truly inspirational man

russian rocket

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't look down on him. I think the donation thing is LUDACRIS...

They'd say that I have come a long way for an art student/skateboarder/punk rocker.

They'd say I'm fair and never play favorites.

They'd say that I have beaten some odds in terms of "direction in life".

They'd say I give ideas a fair amount of "bouncing it back and forth" before giving my opinion even though I seem stubborn at times.

They'd say that I am always willing to help and educate people. That I take the time to help others understand what it is that they are attempting to learn.

They'd say that I am Always willing to help a fellow man so long as they are deemed deserving.

They'd say that I've helped thousands of people get jobs. And while there is money involved. I never put someone in the wrong job just to make a buck. In fact, I've earned that reputation amongst many in my industry.

They'd say I'd never support giving a trophy to the participants of the losing team. That people need to understand the difference between winning and losing.

They'd say that he acts hard headed at times... but really does enjoy and value people.

I am living proof that anything is possible (if you outwork everyone else ethically) even when you feel like you are short on direction in life.

I see what you would hope they might say, and I hope they do. We never know, someone else's view may be very different.

This thread pretty much sums up all that is right and wrong with the Internet all at the same time:

-right: light is shed on a hardworking dedicated guy and how he has received an outpouring of support.

-wrong: people finding ways of bitching and complaining about something that would ordinarily be above reproach.

I agree that there are too many lazy asses today, but that doesn't mean a hard worker shouldn't get recognition.

His boss sounds like a dick to me. He knows the guys situation, and basically says "I use him as an example when I hear excuses from other employees, and I give him some of last nights leftovers for lunch".

I agree that there are too many lazy asses today, but that doesn't mean a hard worker shouldn't get recognition.

His boss sounds like a dick to me. He knows the guys situation, and basically says "I use him as an example when I hear excuses from other employees, and I give him some of last nights leftovers for lunch".

I think you read that in a different light than I did. His boss uses him as an example to his other employees that live a short distance away and call off saying they can't make make it due to snow, ice, etc. I would do the same, unless there were other circumstances, like kids, that prevent you from coming.

Also, it sounds like the bosses wife makes meals especially for him. He's at work from 2 pm to 10 pm, so the bosses wife makes dinner for both of them.

Edited by Mallard

I think you read that in a different light than I did. His boss uses him as an example to his other employees that live a short distance away and call off saying they can't make make it due to snow, ice, etc. I would do the same, unless there were other circumstances, like kids, that prevent you from coming.

I read that the same, but thought rather than rewarding his dedication, his boss just says he expects other employees to do the same. Throw the guy a bone, buy him a bike or search for programs to get him a ride like mentioned in the article, something more than a pat on the back. Oh well, dude has made much more than me in the last 2 days so he's getting his recognition.

$296,337

At this point it is pointless to argue about his boss's wife, boss, the food they cook, his shift, the long commute, his lack of transportation, or his lifestyle.... Because all of that will change.

For someone use to living on so little he might as well retire on 300k

I wonder what the legal side of this will all be for him. I know you can "gift" money and not be taxed. But, I'm guessing something like this may fall under something else. It's like winning the lotto, but won't have all the legal that goes into that. What is the somewhere in between?

He's getting new shoe's, for sure.

I wonder what the legal side of this will all be for him. I know you can "gift" money and not be taxed. But, I'm guessing something like this may fall under something else. It's like winning the lotto, but won't have all the legal that goes into that. What is the somewhere in between?

He's getting new shoe's, for sure.

Delloite says it would be treated as a gift as they are not soliciting for a business purpose.

And now a dealership wants attention, so they give him a free car. Had this guy walked in there a month ago and told his story, they would have asked him to pay them for their time.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/detroit-man-with-marathon-walking-commute-surprised-with-new-car/ar-AA94TCu

There were actually 2 dealerships offering cars. One was his choice of a Chevy Sonic or Spark, then this one cane with a Taurus

Edited by Mallard

Its funny people get on here and complain about folks on .gov assistance. Then tell this guy he's an idiot for walking 20 miles for a $10 an hour job.

The man takes care of what he's gotta do, hats off.

X1000.

Although I think the Go-fund-me revolution is ridiculous as I am a survival of the fittest kind of guy, I think this should be applauded, and his likeness and story should be posted in every SSA office in America.

We cant go fund me every internet story that comes across or plates. I mean hell, my Great Grandmother raised 5 kids through the fucking great depression. She walked to work everyday, and had to lie about being married just to get the job (married women could not work in factories back then). She is now 104, and lives on her own in a single family home. Should I start a go-fund-me for her tenacity?

BTW, its up to $330k, and ends tomorrow.

X1000.

Although I think the Go-fund-me revolution is ridiculous as I am a survival of the fittest kind of guy, I think this should be applauded, and his likeness and story should be posted in every SSA office in America.

We cant go fund me every internet story that comes across or plates. I mean hell, my Great Grandmother raised 5 kids through the fucking great depression. She walked to work everyday, and had to lie about being married just to get the job (married women could not work in factories back then). She is now 104, and lives on her own in a single family home. Should I start a go-fund-me for her tenacity?

BTW, its up to $330k, and ends tomorrow.

So where is the outrage and protest over what caused this situation to arise? Big Al to busy trying to find more cops to pick on?

http://news.yahoo.com/detroit-man-james-robertson-walks-to-work-moved-police-safety-180757947.html