65 mustang

Ryan218

Picked this up on Monday night. Came with a ton of parts and a few spare motors. Also org 289 and the c4. Has a 9" rear already. Thinking I'm going to do 5.0 and t5 from a fox with efi in it for now. Love to put a coyote in it down the road. Want to go pro touring with this one. Nice suspenion ect, something that can cruise on a long trip but have a blast autocrossing as well.

and my 675.00 tow rig doing work :)

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/ryan218/Mobile%20Uploads/image-52.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/ryan218/Mobile%20Uploads/image-53.jpg

rust free is the best part besides a little rust on the passenger rear 1/4 which is going to need a small patch. been sitting in the guys garage i got it from since 2000. before that its been of the road since the early 90's floors are perfect. tq boxes are perfect rails in the rear where replaced some time ago and done correctly. seats are re covered few years back. dash is in great shape minus it missing the dash pad. even came with the org wheels. all new factory suspension in the front. all the trim is there it appears. only thing im missing is a hood

Nice!

How did you find out about it? Not being from here I am basically stuck stalking CL, ebay, etc... but I also have been in this hobby long enough to know that the best deals are the ones nobody advertises and happen word of mouth. So I am curious how people find good deals in Ohio.

Well ended sooner the. Expected. Had title issues. Back to the guy I got it from it went. Now still on the look out for a mustang. May just try and find a foxbody so I can enjoy something this summer.

what kind of title issues? That is a huge bummer.

With fenders off car had 3 vins. Title was messed up door tag should of been 706 and title said 906 other vins on the car said it was a k code car. Car had i code parts block matched ect. I'd say 2 cars where used to make this one and sometime along the lines it was sold with the wrong title. Just wasn't worth me going through the hassle of trying to make it right and risk the car getting taken.

wow, yikes!!!!

that's a shame. if it was something stupid like an "open title" with the wrong name I could have easily fixed that but having more than one vin on the car is dangerous territory. When you said the car was going back to the owner I was going to call and see if I could jump on it, but I'm going to stay way clear of that.

I'm originally from NY so the no records doesn't bother me, neither does the title having an error since NY doesn't use them for vehicles older than 1973 (I can and have registered cars with bills of sale written out on a napkin). The thing that worries me is getting stopped for an "inspection" and having to explain to the officer that I don't have paperwork on the second vin and the car came that way.