Any security camera system experts?

On3Performance

Been looking into some of the indoor/outdoor 1080p HD camera systems and confused from all the reading. Anyone have recommendations on a particular system to use or ones to specifically stay away from? We are wiring up the new shop now and ready to start installing a system.

There are some pretty nice systems that look well put together on ebay/amazon but I don't like to buy without actually seeing the products

Thanks and Ill have to check a few of those out. DHD did some stuff for my parents but their pricing is out of this world high. The kits I have been looking at are PoE cameras so there is not a need for a power specific outlet near by. Any issues with that style camera or those that have installed systems, is this the style you have used as well?

PoE is the way to go.

I just built my own system. I got a couple PoE cams of Amazon, an 8 port PoE injector, and run BlueIris on a server that I already ran 24/7. Took some playing with to get the motion detection working the way I wanted.

Hardest part really is connecting to the cameras default IP address for the first time to get in and change its settings to work on the network. The software that comes with the cams is complete garbage for the most part.