Built me an AR... my first build. Pew Pew

Rhett

So I have been looking for an AR for a while now, was about to buy right when Sandyhook happened. With the panic that was came, I decided to wait to buy one. Prices were more retarded than Paul.

My Goals were to build one that was similar to the m4 I used while in the military, same sights and size. I will hopefully use it in some rifle competitions this spring/summer and in a 3 Gun Match.

Here are the pictures and the build:

10425140_640881899390473_6600990178028354790_n.jpg?oh=0f664b1b00ec8ea79c4e1633a4d511d4&oe=558FAE57

10995929_640881976057132_2473028921547979119_n.jpg?oh=8ba946eea85e3b11ad993629c67ccc54&oe=558C52F7

The Build:

Lower Receiver Group:

-PSA Lower

-PSA Lower Parts Kit

-ALG Defense Quality Mil-Spec Trigger

-Magpul MOE Stock

-Magpul MOE Grip

-Magpul MOE Trigger Guard

Upper Receiver Group

-Bravo Company Mfg. (BCM) - 14.5 Carbine length barrel with 1:7 twist

-BCM A2X Flash Hider

-BCM Complete upper

-BCM Bolt Carrier Group

-BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 Charging Handle

-Magpul MOE SL Handguard

-MaTech Backup Iron Sight

Whats Next:

EoTech XPS2-2 (ordered)

Magpul Angled Foregrip 2 (ordered)

Magpul MOE SL Stock (Out of stock)

Magpul MOE SL Stock

digging that new gen magpul handguard

I like it too, Im not a fan of the super long handguards, but I dont like the way a bayonet lug looks on the A-Frame sight (I love the a-frame) so this worked out perfectly. Cant wait till the SL Stock is back in stock.

Thank you for building a realistic use AR. Just the rear sight by itself, makes such a huge difference in use over 90% of the ARs I see. I have one built to the same specs that I carried in country also. My next build will be much the same, but focused on light weight and will run flip up front and the same rear sight, with a micro dot.

I like it too, Im not a fan of the super long handguards, but I dont like the way a bayonet lug looks on the A-Frame sight (I love the a-frame) so this worked out perfectly. Cant wait till the SL Stock is back in stock.

Dang, I just sold one two weeks ago!

I was going to nudge you to buy one but I didn't want to seem too forward.

Hope you got in on BCMs recent sale, free BCG and comp too if you bought 16"

Lookin good, never really loved the matech sights though. Especially when dat spring wears out and the fucker SPROINGs up unexpextedly getting caught on shit.

Thank you for building a realistic use AR. Just the rear sight by itself, makes such a huge difference in use over 90% of the ARs I see. I have one built to the same specs that I carried in country also. My next build will be much the same, but focused on light weight and will run flip up front and the same rear sight, with a micro dot.

Yeah, I like/trust a solid front sight. If I do a longer barrel I'll prob go with a flip up front sight, because Ill more than likely run a scope. This will just have a EOTech XPS2.

Dang, I just sold one two weeks ago!

I was going to nudge you to buy one but I didn't want to seem too forward.

The only place I see them in stock is Amazon. And its about $12 more. I can wait till it comes down. Let me know if you come across a black MOE SL Stock

Hope you got in on BCMs recent sale, free BCG and comp too if you bought 16"

Lookin good, never really loved the matech sights though. Especially when dat spring wears out and the fucker SPROINGs up unexpextedly getting caught on shit.

Sure did :) It came with the BCG, since I did the 14.5 Barrel with a pinned A2X Flash Hider, I had to pay for that ~$45 for it and for it to be pinned.

I have seen them wear out. In 6 years mine never had an issue, but if it does they sell all the parts for repair.

I think the shortest handguard I own is 9.5 and it feels tiny in my enormous hands/reach!

I dont know what has shorter arms, me or a t-rex. So I have no need for a long handguard. They do look cool when the barrel only extends a inch or so.