Race suit sizing help

tomato_racing

So I've run into a problem trying to find a suit that fits me. The sizing chart I have been using puts me smack between a 42 and a 44.

speednstrengthchart.jpg

To the best of my knowledge my measurements are:

6'3" and 150lbs

I normally wear either a 32x32 or a 32x34 size pants with a belt

I wear 34/35 inch sleeves on my dress shirts and I know my chest falls further to the left on that chart than I would like.

My biggest concern with getting a 42 is that the sleeves and legs will be too short but will fit my mid section. I tried on a 44 today and all the pads seemed to hit in the correct places but the suit was just a hair baggy.

Is it better to wear a suit just a hair large or one that fits my midsection but leaves the possibility of the sleeves being really short and maybe even exposing skin while on the bike? (I don't figure exposed skin is ever a good idea at the track)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated from you track guys.

So I've run into a problem trying to find a suit that fits me. The sizing chart I have been using puts me smack between a 42 and a 44.

speednstrengthchart.jpg

To the best of my knowledge my measurements are:

6'3" and 150lbs

I normally wear either a 32x32 or a 32x34 size pants with a belt

I wear 34/35 inch sleeves on my dress shirts and I know my chest falls further to the left on that chart than I would like.

My biggest concern with getting a 42 is that the sleeves and legs will be too short but will fit my mid section. I tried on a 44 today and all the pads seemed to hit in the correct places but the suit was just a hair baggy.

Is it better to wear a suit just a hair large or one that fits my midsection but leaves the possibility of the sleeves being really short and maybe even exposing skin while on the bike? (I don't figure exposed skin is ever a good idea at the track)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated from you track guys.

Did you try it on with your armour on that you plan to wear? This will make a big different. I had a 44 and had to go up to a 46 in this particular brand due to the fit with my armour. If you are interested in picking up an S&S suit hit me up about the 44. You can borrow my armour also to try it on with armour. For reference I am 6'1 and 160ish. I would be surprise if you fit the 42. I think it is going to be short for you. What is your inseam?