Removing stuck nut/stud...help please!

2 Sweet

Trying to remove the trailer hitch off my car, and there is one nut on each side that is giving me trouble...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/skoval25/3246.jpg

Using a 3/4 deep socket on a 1/2 drive breaker bar. After letting it soak in PB Blaster, I tried to loosen it and got nothing. It'll turn, but the stud is spinning along with the nut. Space is limited and I can't get behind it since it's mounted to the frame. On one side of the hitch, I was able to grab the thread with a pair of Channellocks and spin the nut loose a little at a time (huge pain in the ass) just enough to the point that I could awkwardly fit my sawzall between the hitch mount flange and the washer, and cut that bitch off. I'm not having any luck on this side though.

I figured my angle grinder would get it off, but I'm nervous about throwing around a shit ton of sparks with it being right by the gas tank, and I don't have a face shield, just a pair of safety glasses.

I'm not much of a mechanic. Any advice?

If pb doesn't work sometimes but not very often brake clean will help it. If you can't hold the stud still any way you probably won't every get it off without cutting it or torch. If you just need it to come off, take a pair of vise grips and hold the stud under the nut as tight as it can go and use a wrench to work the nut down far enough to where you can cut it with your saw

If you just need it to come off, take a pair of vise grips and hold the stud under the nut as tight as it can go and use a wrench to work the nut down far enough to where you can cut it with your saw

That's exactly what I did on the other side. For some reason I had better luck keeping the stud still with my Channellocks than I did with my vise grips