phone/tablet advice

wnaplay1647545503

I have never had anything better than a cheap basic smartphone however lately with returning to work after being off for 6 years I find myself in need of a much better way to access the internet, read contracts sent via email and often write notes and quotes. I seen someone on a job recently use a tablet to do work similarly and I started wondering what my options are. I have tmobike service and considered findingone of those huge phones that are basically the size of a tablet however i fear breaking it if its on me while doing construction work. My other thought was to possibly get a small tablet and use my phones wifi to access the internet. An ipad is to large and not as user friendly from my experience as i prefer. Any thoughts or insights.

I have been looking for used online but dont know the differences between notes 1-4 or if I need the newest version. I will never buy new so used from craigslist will probably be where i get something. Can i write a document with it if i needed to such as a word document?

If you are gonna carry one device I'd get the large phone's such as the note 4.

I carry an S5 and a Tab 4 7" around daily. I use my phone for quick easy web access and the tablet for more serious reading, etc when I know I'm gonna have more time than just glancing at forums.