Buying trees for landscaping

TonyG

This guy is outside of Johnstown, I know that's a little bit of a haul for you guys. Between me and neighbor, we've bought over 30 trees from this farm (Norway Spruce and Canadian Hemlock's). These trees are easily $150 plus here in Columbus, he sells them for $48. Good luck!

Website- http://www.poundsnursery.com

Add on CL

https://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/4946566726.html

This guy is outside of Johnstown, I know that's a little bit of a haul for you guys. Between me and neighbor, we've bought over 30 trees from this farm (Norway Spruce and Canadian Hemlock's). These trees are easily $150 plus here in Columbus, he sells them for $48. Good luck!

Website- http://www.poundsnursery.com

Add on CL

https://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/4946566726.html

Thanks for the post. That's not far from me, and I have been looking for those types of trees.

^^^Probably the best bet then!.

My dad made a pine tree 'fence' on 2 sides of the back yard when they moved in 15 years ago...They are probably 30 feet tall now, but it was an awesome move. Looks way better than any fence.

I think he got them all at Oakland Nursery. I think they 'warranty' them for a period of time too. Some WILL die, whether it be in one year or ten. It happens. Just be ready for it.

I work at kurtz brother's in Westerville we have a nursery there I can get you a huge discount on anything you need for house trees, mulch, dirt, gravel, I'm willing to help anyone on this board

Do you happen to run the greenhouses and yard out of the front building, or are you in the back building by the soil barn? Curious to what kind of savings your talking? Feel free to PM on the cost of your black triple processed mulch, custom hardwood, grower's blend soil. and processed soil. I appreciate it, Thanks!!

I work in the back by where you drop yard waste. I am the production supervisor. If you have a company you have to go thru your salesman. If just a home owner I can give you coupon and friends and family price

I get nothing from this just trying to help members out if I can

I work in the back by where you drop yard waste. I am the production supervisor. If you have a company you have to go thru your salesman. If just a home owner I can give you coupon and friends and family price

Interested in the coupons and friends and family price for the above mentioned, thanks

I would like to know about the friends and family deal and I'm going to look up the plans for doing turn around with those trees. What are the skiny ones people use that are like 2-3 wide and straight up? I will look them up if not.

I'll be in touch when the wife starts her summer yard work projects.

I would like to know about the friends and family deal and I'm going to look up the plans for doing turn around with those trees. What are the skiny ones people use that are like 2-3 wide and straight up? I will look them up if not.

Arbor vitae?

I've bought almost all my trees off people on CL. I have planted about 100 non smaller that 5' my biggest are approx. 20'. I've planted them all.

As for pines I purchased approx. 50 spruce from Staders in GC and hauled them to Baltimore. They were 5-5.5' and were $40 and were very nice trees.

If your thinking of getting anything, make sure they were dug prior to leafing out or you greatly increase your risk of killing them or sustaining major stress. I like to plant early spring and late fall.

Also if you dig yourself I'd go a few weeks before and root prune them and then come back and dig them. make sure you leave the tree a big ball! a 5-6' tree should have close to a 30" + ball.

I'm still interested in this, what do we need to do to get the friends and family pricing? Thanks