Sky Dive #2

Dr. Apex

Here's the video from my Accelerated Free Fall jump #2. This overall was not a good jump. Plane exit was fine, canopy flight fine, landing fine, free fall was a mess however. My 1 instructor never got set as he just was too light compared to me and had to let go early, my primary instructor held on but we never got stable at all with my bad posture and body control in my practice pulls and never got the turns right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYkdJ1stEY&feature=youtu.be

Here's the video from my Accelerated Free Fall jump #2. This overall was not a good jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYkdJ1stEY&feature=youtu.be

I'd say if you're alive to type out a coherent review of your own skydive, it's a little but better of a jump than you're letting on ;)

I'd say if you're alive to type out a coherent review of your own skydive, it's a little but better of a jump than you're letting on ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence! We went over it in detail even before watching the video, I have a good awareness and thus recall of how it went down and could have been more specific but its not necessary. It's important to be aware, most importantly altitude aware, I'm doing well at that part, when the 2nd instructor lets go you can see me check altitude real quick and then pull. I figure its a good thing, my life depends on it!!:megusta:

Looked like a short free fall time...how many ft AGL did you pull the ripcord? I've only done 1 AFF @275lbs & i know how hard it was for the sub 175lb instructors to keep up with me...ended up doing the same thing you did. I lost one, hung with the 2nd instructor for a bit but felt like things were getting out of my control so I just pulled early. Even with the premature waveoff & pull we still hit 150mph. :lol:

We jumped at 11,500, poor little Cessna 182 struggled to climb with 4 big guys on it lol, my instructor broke off at 5500 so I waved off and pulled. 1st jump was from 13,000 which certainly helps. My AFF1 went better but my 1 instructor was 250lbs and the other 220lbs so it was much easier for them and we got off to a better start. With 3 big bodies you fall like a freight train!!

Going to do some tunnel work and then jumps 3 and 4 in 2 weeks.