Passed out in middle of freeway....

Putty

So has anyone ever called 1800-grab-a-dui?

Watching this reminded me that I did once on St. Pats when someone almost launched themselves off an expressway ram on 270.

I've called the police on someone before, they told me to stop following and no units were in the area! Tiny little suburb too! The car was riding up on tree lawns, going into on coming traffic, and finally almost took out an ambulance when he blocked the person in.

Also "Enter" from here and I were on our motorcycles, on a 45+ MPH two lane road when someone swerved into our lane, and darted back over and almost took someone else out, he drove full speed into a school, over the whole front lawn of the place and realized we were following him, and he tried to hide the car behind bushes! The guy drove straight into fucking bushes. I got off the bike and tried talking the guy out of the car, but he kept telling me to speak English..... I went for the keys to turn the car off and he floored it back towards the road, over a massive hill, launched the car into the road and came inches from tagging a car and went full bore down the road in both lanes......

People suck!

I have followed at a safe distance for a long time for quite a few DUI's ive called in till cops arrive.

I just cant justify "i hope no one gets hurt" and drive on as if nothing happens. (not saying others do, just .. its something in me thats like this)

I was requested to testify at one hearing, but was unable to attend, so they used my call on record of the event. (i was on with OHSP the whole time till they arrived)

So has anyone ever called 1800-grab-a-dui?

Watching this reminded me that I did once on St. Pats when someone almost launched themselves off an expressway ram on 270.

I've called many times. I'm usually near campus area of 71 when it happens.

I called once when I was on the way back from a customer visit. Interstate 30 just into Ohio and there was some dumb woman driving east on the west bound side. Semi's, yes multiple, were flashing lights and hitting the air horns at her. The operator I spoke with seemed to not give a shit about what I was telling her too. Have to love that.

All of this at around 3pm.

I called once when I was on the way back from a customer visit. Interstate 30 just into Ohio and there was some dumb woman driving east on the west bound side. Semi's, yes multiple, were flashing lights and hitting the air horns at her. The operator I spoke with seemed to not give a shit about what I was telling her too. Have to love that.

All of this at around 3pm.

I've called it twice and this has been my experience. The don't give a shit and might radio it out. But nothing happened either time I called.

So does anyone know if she was drunk or is it just speculation?

One summer in college I drove a cab on third shift (not a yellow cab, a hire car) on long island. Used to see lots of people on the road asleep in their cars, usually at traffic lights. Most weren't drunk (at least the ones on the weeknights weren't usually) to my observation, just driving too late at night and too tired. NY now treats falling asleep behind the wheel as a first offense DUI it was that much of a problem. I've fallen asleep behind the wheel before, never for more than a split second, and I can tell you when your body gets to that level of exhaustion you don't make smart decisions. I usually pull over to the shoulder and sleep for about an hour, so I can sympathize if she wasn't drunk, but she sure picked the wrong spot to conk out.

So does anyone know if she was drunk or is it just speculation?

One summer in college I drove a cab on third shift (not a yellow cab, a hire car) on long island. Used to see lots of people on the road asleep in their cars, usually at traffic lights. Most weren't drunk (at least the ones on the weeknights weren't usually) to my observation, just driving too late at night and too tired. NY now treats falling asleep behind the wheel as a first offense DUI it was that much of a problem. I've fallen asleep behind the wheel before, never for more than a split second, and I can tell you when your body gets to that level of exhaustion you don't make smart decisions. I usually pull over to the shoulder and sleep for about an hour, so I can sympathize if she wasn't drunk, but she sure picked the wrong spot to conk out.

How about stay off the fucking road if you're about to fall asleep? Seems pretty simple

Nah, it's a grey area of the law.

Law has nothing to do with it but I wouldn't expect you to understand that given your demonstrated understanding so far. Would you like me to explain it to you? It might take longer as I would have to find the correct monosyllabic words.

But it is awesome to know you are still e-stalking me. I feel loved!!!!

How about stay off the fucking road if you're about to fall asleep? Seems pretty simple

Seems more simple than it is in practice. People sometimes push themselves too far and it isn't exactly a light switch thing - more of a gradual sometimes unrecognizable decline into a chain of poor decision making. Also there are some things that exist in peoples cars that can cause rapid fatigue, esp at night.

Law has nothing to do with it but I wouldn't expect you to understand that given your demonstrated understanding so far.

Without listing proper citations and case law, your argument is invalid.

...there are some things that exist in peoples cars that can cause rapid fatigue, esp at night.

Your posts?