Another What CCW thread

Radio Flyer1647545514

Looking for another carry gun. I'm 5' 8" 145lbs and a 28" waist.

Sold my Kahr K9 to get a G26 Gen 4 and just don't really like it. It's a bit bulky for me as was the K9.

I'm mostly looking at the Kahr PM9 and the Sig P290rs. I was pretty set on the sig but then I realized that it weighs nearly as much as the G26 does with less available capacity, the plus side is it's more slim but, not by much.

Must haves for this include, 9mm (keeping calibers the same), no safety, DA first shot.

Also, anyone know of any other methods of OWB carry that is still concealable? This could open up my options a little more as I feel carrying IWB around 3 and 4 position isn't very comfy for me with these wider guns. I don't feel very comfortable doing appendix carry either. I don't want a barrel pointing at my goods all day.

OWB holsters that sit up a little higher?

I'm not a big Glock fan myself. I told myself I'd never own one but held the g26 gen4 and tried to sway my opinion. The Gen 4's are much more comfortable in my hand than the Gen 3 but I still didn't end up liking it.

I'll probably hold the 43 when it comes out but I'll wait to buy one if I like it until they get put to some real use.

Looking for another carry gun. I'm 5' 8" 145lbs and a 28" waist.

Holy fuck.

On another note, I CC a Ruger LC9- great little gun for conceal and high quality. You can find them on sale for a great price too. Good luck man!

Being that thin you could honestly conceal a fullsize OWB, I have a friend with a similar build who carrys a G17 OWB all day long and you'd never know.

Sigs are great, but pricey. For a carry gun you really can't go wrong with either S&W M&P line or the Glocks. Both are completely reliable, reasonably priced, and accessories like holsters and mags are available everywhere for reasonable prices. Figure out what fits you best and run with it. Since Glocks don't fit you (same with me) try out an M&P compact or a Shield. Nice thing about the M&P compact is you can use a fullsize mag as a backup.

Shoot everything, buy what you like, dress to conceal comfortably. I've carried everything from a g42, p229, S&W Full size, g17/22 w/ light and when dressing appropriately all were concealed.

Sig is always a great choice and I also love CZ but it's a larger frame and wouldn't be as easy to tuck unless you like OWB.

I use the OWB blackhawk serpa holster for my g27 and g23.

Also owb my other carry guns. But I'm no small guy. Shirt over the firearm.

Sounds like the g43 is exactly what you need. I didn't want to be a glock fanboi but after owning many hand guns I only like

Glock.

I have a CZ 75 BD. I put it on today OWB to see how it would conceal and it could happen with a longer shirt.

I'm going to take a look at a 75 compact, pcr or p01 and see how well it would conceal. I also have a 75 barrel that might fit in it so I can thread it making for another host. I'll also try and find a CZ Rami BD local to look at.

I think carrying OWB concealed will be the way to go. My CW9, K9 and the G26 all felt uncomfortable IWB.

I have a CZ 75 BD. I put it on today OWB to see how it would conceal and it could happen with a longer shirt.

I'm going to take a look at a 75 compact, pcr or p01 and see how well it would conceal. I also have a 75 barrel that might fit in it so I can thread it making for another host. I'll also try and find a CZ Rami BD local to look at.

I think carrying OWB concealed will be the way to go. My CW9, K9 and the G26 all felt uncomfortable IWB.

I love my PCR. It's a constant toss up between it and my Gen4 G19. The only thing I don't like about the PCR is the trigger on it. I think an action job would make it 10x's better.

I love my PCR. It's a constant toss up between it and my Gen4 G19. The only thing I don't like about the PCR is the trigger on it. I think an action job would make it 10x's better.

My 75 trigger took a really long time to get broken in, that was my only complaint with it as well but it's rather smooth now.

I have a Kahr PM9 your more than welcome to come check it out. Its a very nice gun other than the long trigger pull. I have a IWB holster you can try as well.

I've handled these multiple times and like them a lot. If I find one at a good price I think I'll grab one.

I carried OWB concealed today with my CZ75 and it was a lot more comfortable for me than I expected, even with the added weight of the super heavy CZ. I'm going to go look at a few different compacts next week.

• 2 weeks later...
I cc a m&p9c for a year. Loved the gun but i felt like it was to big? It poked a little. I then went to a khar cm45, It concealed nice but i just couldnt get myself to really like it. I felt like the slide was way to heavy for the gun. I bought a g27 2 months ago, been carrying it since. I feel like the G27 conceals better then the rest, It may just be the holster. Cant go wrong with a glock i guess. May just look into this new glock.

This could open up my options a little more as I feel carrying IWB around 3 and 4 position isn't very comfy for me with these wider guns. I don't feel very comfortable doing appendix carry either. I don't want a barrel pointing at my goods all day.

This is why I pocket carry a 380. I don't think you will go with that but if you do I suggest this. I love this holster. Works fine in my side pocket and back pocket. In the back pocket is a little uncomfortable when I sit on it but not as bad as IWB at 4oclock with my g26.

http://www.amazon.com/Talon-Sauer-P-238-Wallet-Holster/dp/B00IY1FJN0/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1429213591&sr=8-14&keywords=sig+p238+pocket+holster