550hp Ford Taurus SHO

zeitgeist57

I honestly can't wrap my head around why anyone would like the new Taurus. Huge outside but not so huge inside. Basically a poorly designed SCUV without the rear storage area or 3rd row capability. If I'm driving around a huge car, I at least want the benefit of it being big on the inside.

This is how I feel pretty much. It really isn't a good or efficient automobile. The only saving grace is that powertrain, it's possibilities and very little competition for what it offers. Throw away the ecoboost and that things drives off into the woods to die. Ford themselves offers a far better alternative to its own Taurus, imo.

I thought my 6l80 ate up alot of power. but damn, 29%

the car on average has a 21% drive line loss... I think the guy is padding his numbers a bit which is fairly common for someone writing an article. Stock SHO's are dyno'ing ~289 which for a 365 crank hp motor, that's 21%

This is how I feel pretty much. It really isn't a good or efficient automobile. The only saving grace is that powertrain, it's possibilities and very little competition for what it offers. Throw away the ecoboost and that things drives off into the woods to die. Ford themselves offers a far better alternative to its own Taurus, imo.

non-SHO's make decent power as well and the thing gets good gas mileage... it's not for everyone for sure, but it's faster than 95% of the cars on the road and is very comfortable.

• 5 months later...
Its funny because I pulled on a guy with a lightly modded S4. We pulled over afterwards and he told me how he was selling it and considering the Sho for a replacement.

The Sho in the article should run lower 12's. They are great cars and I wouldn't mind getting another one someday.

Bringing it back as today I was able to have some fun with my S4 vs a new 2015 SHO. Sad day for the Ford. He was/is stock though.

We ran from 65-120 at first. Put several lengths on him right away and was continuing to pull on him hard. I let off, he caught up and then waved at me from my ass end to keep going. This time from 100-150'ish. Had quite a bit of distance on him....like more than 10 lengths. He hit a wall in power somewhere. It wasn't pretty.

Cool guy, exited and BS'd with me in Obetz at McD's as I grabbed a lunch. LOL he still had 30 day tags on his car. He's no doubt off to get modded :p In the end, no where between 65 and our top speeds did he pull, gain or come close. Reminded me of a Stock vs Stage 2 S4 video that I've seen. Needs more power.

If the day ever comes, I thought these looked like a reasonable replacement for the G8. I believe dark side has/had both. His sho was for sale on here, looked good.

If it matters to you, I can't imagine it handles nearly as well.