Direct tv?

SRTurbo04

Any one have direct tv? Good the bad? Know where to get the best price and incentives( i thought i saw where sams club gave you a few hundred dollar visa gift card to sign up as well)

We have TWC and we some how are paying 140 god dam dollars a month for 1 outdated dvr box and normal internet.

Tell me why i should of shouldnt switch.

I've had Directv since February. Can't say a bad thing about them. Install was fast and easy, I've never had a signal issue yet, equipment works well, customer service is pretty good so far. Currently paying $64/mo for the "Extra" package, standard HD DVR(no genie) and 1 addl. HD receiver. Full price after 1 year will be just under $100/mo.

I got mine through an independent satellite dealer down here, got a $100 Visa gift card with it. All the premiums for 3mos free, NFL Sunday ticket for 1st year, free install all pretty standard with Directv.

Don't miss cable one bit.

Good to hear twc pretty much told me to kick rocks when i called Sad when we have never called to see a bout a different price in the 8 years that my wifes had it.

ATT Uverse > DTV.

I pay $110/mo for i think 2nd from top tier internet, U450 channel package, 1 wired and 1 wireless box.

Not available in my area.

$44 TWC, internet only. HD antenna's and roku give plenty to watch. If not, go outside.

Wife watches stupid shows like real housewifes of fancy towns and stupid shows that, that are like crack to her. Have to have or i would of long been gone of it.

Just cut the cord,everyone will bitch for a few days then your golden.

Agreed. It's fucking 2015, stop paying crazy money for TV. 35 for WOW 15mbs internet, 8 for Netflix and/or Amazon prime for 100 a year (along with free shipping and tons of other perks). Add to that a decent plex server and a nice movie collection. I have up to date access to more commercial free movies and shows than I can watch for about 50 bucks.

Just cut the cord,everyone will bitch for a few days then your golden.

Agreed. It's fucking 2015, stop paying crazy money for TV. 35 for WOW 15mbs internet, 8 for Netflix and/or Amazon prime for 100 a year (along with free shipping and tons of other perks). Add to that a decent plex server and a nice movie collection. I have up to date access to more commercial free movies and shows than I can watch for about 50 bucks.

We can all be friends. Paul, join us. Most TV is like bubblegum, it tastes pretty good for a bit, but there is no nutritional value to it. All it will do is give you a cavity.

This thread is getting me closer and closer to cutting the cord. The wife even says she won't watch much TV over the summer anyhow. I am the TV hound, but I can watch most of what I want streaming on the internet.

Back to the OP, we have had DirecTV for years now as the only option other than Dish. Just recently we got AT&T DSL if that gives you an idea of where we are. I have no complaints about DirecTV, it's been a good service. The price is a little high, but everything else cost money as well, so we just paid it. Think I will shut it off though.

Direct TV sucks. i just cancelled mine early to get out of the contract. I was paying $120 a month, didn't have FXX and no other pay channels. had 3 receivers and every time a rain storm came through the signal was spotty. stick with WOW or TWC.

Or cut the cord all together and get HULU, Netflix, Amazon. Those 3 will provide everything you need. and will total about 25 a month.

Also, if you do end up going DirecTV, make sure you take the best possible promo deal. The best one I found was a $200 gift card to sign up. I took a Shell card and it paid for gas for a while, especially with gas being cheaper now... :nod:

Cut the cord last wed. Broadcast tv HD is much clearer OTA. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu+ and I don't miss cable yet. Listened to the OSU spring game on the radio while working outside saturday

Also, if you do end up going DirecTV, make sure you take the best possible promo deal. The best one I found was a $200 gift card to sign up. I took a Shell card and it paid for gas for a while, especially with gas being cheaper now... :nod:

Definitely...I just renewed- called to cancel and they basically begged me to stay.

$200 Visa card

Lowered my bill to $63 a month for everything but HBO (was $81 and going to go to $107 since my 2 years was up)

HBO/Cinemax/Etc. free for 3 months

NFL Sunday Ticket for the entire 2015 season

I will say, I love DirectTv. I've had VERY few outages (probably 3 in 2 years?) and the picture is second to none. DVR is awesome, I can record up to 4 shows at a time and the capacity is huge.

Overall, for $63 a month, I keep it. Thought about cutting the cord but the moment I am sitting there twittling my thumbs because I've watched all the good content on Netflix (which I also have), I'd regret not having it.

Cut the cord last wed. Broadcast tv HD is much clearer OTA. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu+ and I don't miss cable yet. Listened to the OSU spring game on the radio while working outside saturday

Tip, if you have a family member or friend who doesn't use any streaming players you can borrow their login for ESPN sports. I use my parents cable login to stream ESPN sports on my roku, that way I can watch OSU games, free.

Tip, if you have a family member or friend who doesn't use any streaming players you can borrow their login for ESPN sports. I use my parents cable login to stream ESPN sports on my roku, that way I can watch OSU games, free.

I have it set up. Spring game was on BTN.

I can sling the BTN2Go app from my phone to the Roku, but BTN seems to stream like a 2001 webcam.

Edited by LJ

Yup thats what im trying to get at with finding the best promo extras.