Blu-Ray Player with apps

Sully

Recommend me a blu-ray player with apps that actually works. I have a Sony one that is shit. It takes forever to load netflix and the audio constantly cuts out with every app that I have tried. I have 50MB internets, and the blu-ray player is hard-wired. It was doing the same thing on wireless, so that's why I wired it. I thought about trying a Samsung, but it looks like theirs may be even shittier. I don't know what others to look at. Please help!!

I would just keep the BR player you have and buy a Roku. They work well and are constantly updated.

SmartTVs and Players seem to maybe get one or two updates then the mfgs abandon them for next years models.

I will suggest a fire stick for budget and firetv if you want something faster than that.

I love my firestick, I thought it was laggy a while back. But, I needed to just power down completely every once and a while.

I will suggest a fire stick for budget and firetv if you want something faster than that.

I love my firestick, I thought it was laggy a while back. But, I needed to just power down completely every once and a while.

Thanks for the info guys. I just placed the order for the fire stick.

^^ Let us know how it works out. I have all types of wireless systems and the Roku is still the best and fastest. The Amazon stick was initially my favorite for it's GUI and interface speed but the performance of it is not good. Lags constantly where the Roku on the same wifi does not.

Not sure if it's the Amazon stick or the apps but their Plex App lags 50% of the time I try and stream from my server. Now that WOW added Netflix to their DVR Box, I don't use my Amazon any more.

^^ Let us know how it works out. I have all types of wireless systems and the Roku is still the best and fastest. The Amazon stick was initially my favorite for it's GUI and interface speed but the performance of it is not good. Lags constantly where the Roku on the same wifi does not.

Not sure if it's the Amazon stick or the apps but their Plex App lags 50% of the time I try and stream from my server. Now that WOW added Netflix to their DVR Box, I don't use my Amazon any more.

It is the plex app. Does the same thing on my fire stick. Pulling the stick out of the HDMI port and removing the power usually fixes it. On my other TVs I gave up on the streaming boxes, sticks, and bluray players with apps. I just use a small PC in a tiny case. A mac mini also works. There isn't a better media center solution out there IMO at least for my needs. What are my needs? One "box" to stream every video format off my server, read DVD/blurays, and netflix/hulu. If you have a better piece of technology I am all ears.

It is the plex app. Does the same thing on my fire stick. Pulling the stick out of the HDMI port and removing the power usually fixes it. On my other TVs I gave up on the streaming boxes, sticks, and bluray players with apps. I just use a small PC in a tiny case. A mac mini also works. There isn't a better media center solution out there IMO at least for my needs. What are my needs? One "box" to stream every video format off my server, read DVD/blurays, and netflix/hulu. If you have a better piece of technology I am all ears.

What transcoding are you guys using? I've never had any lag from two sticks, even both streaming off the same plex machine at 10mbps.

Ever check your CPU load when streaming?

What transcoding are you guys using? I've never had any lag from two sticks, even both streaming off the same plex machine at 10mbps.

Ever check your CPU load when streaming?

I am using whatever it is set to by default. My CPU load is not 100% if that is what you are asking. Maybe my bottleneck is the physical hard drive it dumps the transcoded video to. This is why I hate transcoding apps like plex. I wish someone would write an easy app that just decoded every video file over a windows share. Xbox media center kind of does it but setting up SMB shares for some people is a chore.