Cr landscapers

SRTurbo04

Previous owners of the house had a sand box here and killed the grass. What grass is here in the pics is grass from me mowing that flew over. It is a perfect square of no grass, as well as its sunk down in this area. How can i bring this section back to life and raised back up?

Also i have some roots from a tree going under our concrete sidewalk that i need to cut up so it doesnt crack the sidewalk. Best recommendation for cutting these ( half showing above ground)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/04srturbo/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/20150426_121851_zps31pe4cid.jpg

Is that a newer build with sod installed? If not I'd rake that area up really well with a stiff rake, add top soil and add a Midwest mix seed.

As for the roots, shovel, axe, sawzall.

No not a new build.

Dont use seed, sod it. Seed is a waste of time and money for an area like that

Rather try to grow it back then slap some other stuff already on it.

No not a new build.

Rather try to grow it back then slap some other stuff already on it.

Why? Again, seeding something like that is a waste of time and money. I took out a firepit and laid this sod 2 weeks ago and its hard to even tell where it is http://imgur.com/66r7Tvy

Why? Again, seeding something like that is a waste of time and money. I took out a firepit and laid this sod 2 weeks ago and its hard to even tell where it is http://imgur.com/66r7Tvy

Idk self accomplishment maybe? New to having to maintain my own lawn would rather figure out how to fix things like this rather then have to go locate sod every time i want to fix a patch of dead grass.

Already told you then spread the Scott's tirf builder over your lawn and it will be plump and fresh like the jolly green giant. My yard is shit and I don't care right now but I know the Scott's works 100% because the elderly couple next to me have a crew come out every 2 weeks to maintain their lawn and it looks like a damn poster child for a golf course

Only problem with seeding a small spot like that is matching the seed type to the existing lawn. If you don't match it, the spot will grow, and look different at different times of the year. This can be problematic in the spring, when the grass you choose to seed the area decides to grow before the others, and will be different shades of green. I agree with the sod, instant green, and probably not much more expensive than seeding it twice, which you will probably have to do.

If you decide to seed this , do yourself a favor and pick a certain seed and stick with it, changing manufacturers and varieties, will get you a patchwork quilt. It wouldn't be a bad idea to overseed the whole area , as it can be like touching up paint, very noticeable if not done well.

Is that a newer build with sod installed? If not I'd rake that area up really well with a stiff rake, add top soil and add a Midwest mix seed.

As for the roots, shovel, axe, sawzall.

^^ this. been there done that. plant it Monday and it will be sprouting within 10 days. especially with the weather we have coming.

Only problem with seeding a small spot like that is matching the seed type to the existing lawn. If you don't match it, the spot will grow, and look different at different times of the year. This can be problematic in the spring, when the grass you choose to seed the area decides to grow before the others, and will be different shades of green. I agree with the sod, instant green, and probably not much more expensive than seeding it twice, which you will probably have to do.

If you decide to seed this , do yourself a favor and pick a certain seed and stick with it, changing manufacturers and varieties, will get you a patchwork quilt. It wouldn't be a bad idea to overseed the whole area , as it can be like touching up paint, very noticeable if not done well.

This. The city repaired the curb in front of my house and they used a different kind of seed when they replanted. Between the curb and sidewalk and a little into my yard I have a different grass growing that is coarser and grows about 3 times as fast and I am mad as hell about it. Would anyone have any recommendations on how to fix that since this thread is already here?

This. The city repaired the curb in front of my house and they used a different kind of seed when they replanted. Between the curb and sidewalk and a little into my yard I have a different grass growing that is coarser and grows about 3 times as fast and I am mad as hell about it. Would anyone have any recommendations on how to fix that since this thread is already here?

Seed the lawn all round it as well to blend it in to the existing grass. Almost like you would overlap it just like pint so it seamlessly blends in