Lash Chevrolet is now a CR sponser.

Cordell

I just wanted to post that my current employer has decided to sponser CR.

Lash is the Chevy dealer in Johnstown just up route 62 about 5 minutes north of New Albany. I am one of two master techs there, and I typically handle most of the Vettes and deisel trucks, I am also the Volt tech. We would be happy to provide service for your GM vehicle and please feel free to request me, I would prefer to work on an enthusiast's car any day anyway.

As for the savings we can offer CR members, what I can tell you is that our margins vary a good bit between jobs so while we damn near lose money on oil changes or tires, bigger jobs have some room for a nice discount. Given that info hopefully you guys can understand why we are not setting anything in stone, but would be happy to provide estimates.

The parts department isn't much different, and since we are not a large stocking warehouse we can't compete with the internet on performance parts but for most stuff we will be competitive. I have personally talked with both ths service and parts managers and they want to help out and earn your business when they can.

The managers all have logins for CR and will get PMs in their work emails so you can communicate directly with them, of course for quicker response you can call the dealership at 740-967-8021.

Parts and service is only open M-Thursday7:30-6, and friday 7:30-5. Sales is open on saturday.

Good to know. It's a nice dealership for service as far as my experience goes. I bought my truck from somewhere else but I brought it there for service and I will continue to do so for my other GM vehicles as well. Having Scott Cordell as one of the leading technicians there is an advantage.

I think I heard that you can do any of the GM recalls?

I've been meaning to set something up for the ignition, fuel pump, and the new brake hose recall that just came out.

We have no issue doing Chevrolet obviously, but there are special tools involved in a few Pontiac, Cadillac, and Saturn recalls that we don't have. For example the safety equipment to do the airbag recall on a Vibe we don't have and I refuse to modify explosives without the right safety items. Only certain dealers signed up to handle Pontiac and Saturn stuff, so there are a couple recalls we aren't equipped to do if it's a vehicle that didn't have a Chevy version.

Cadillac is treated differently by GM and pushed to go to a Cadillac dealer, we are only supposed to do warranty on an emergency basis. I'm not positive how their recalls are handled but I'm sure they are similar. Hummer, Saturn, and Saab were the same way until they went under, and it seems like the parts unique to them are made of unobtanium anyway.

I would like a quote on replacing a sunroof on an 07 Cobalt.

Taylor in Lancaster told the GF $700ish if I recall.

Thanks!

By sunroof you mean the whole track assembly? I can check on it tomarow, but would need to know what's actually broken.

By sunroof you mean the whole track assembly? I can check on it tomarow, but would need to know what's actually broken.

To be honest I'm not sure in terms of a part number. After significant time diagnosing it Taylor managed to at least get it closed to where it seals, but determined that a complete replacement is the fix.

I'll see if I can dig up their estimate from way back.

We have no issue doing Chevrolet obviously, but there are special tools involved in a few Pontiac, Cadillac, and Saturn recalls that we don't have. For example the safety equipment to do the airbag recall on a Vibe we don't have and I refuse to modify explosives without the right safety items. Only certain dealers signed up to handle Pontiac and Saturn stuff, so there are a couple recalls we aren't equipped to do if it's a vehicle that didn't have a Chevy version.

Cadillac is treated differently by GM and pushed to go to a Cadillac dealer, we are only supposed to do warranty on an emergency basis. I'm not positive how their recalls are handled but I'm sure they are similar. Hummer, Saturn, and Saab were the same way until they went under, and it seems like the parts unique to them are made of unobtanium anyway.

I need to change the rear diff fluid in my G8, would you guys have the specific fluid in stock, or should I order it first? I'm on the east side, so I'll definitely take advantage for the things I don't do on my own.

Any idea if you guys can cut the double sided flip keys? I have a blank one.

I went over to a dealer here in Chicago and they quoted me $900/month to lease a new Tahoe LT. You guys have any better deals on leases? I'd consider a new Duramax crew cab LT as well.

I would PM Lash Sales on here, I have no idea about sales.

I need to change the rear diff fluid in my G8, would you guys have the specific fluid in stock, or should I order it first? I'm on the east side, so I'll definitely take advantage for the things I don't do on my own.

Any idea if you guys can cut the double sided flip keys? I have a blank one.

I don't know off hand, maybe. We can cut the new flip keys yes, but G8 keys are unique that I don't beleive we have the adaptors for.

I don't know off hand, maybe. We can cut the new flip keys yes, but G8 keys are unique that I don't beleive we have the adaptors for.

If I mail you money, a key and two blanks, can you cut my two blank blades and ship em back?

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to scott and the guys at lash. Father in law traded in his yellow c6 for a 2015 yellow c7 7sp. Said guys were super easy, no pressure. Got a good deal on his trade and a great deal on the new ride.

Will report back after a test drive :D

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/04srturbo/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150508_161430_zpsi5koqy3a.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/04srturbo/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150508_161519_zps3hv5jjsb.jpg