Mayweather fight

Lauren

As I predicted. At no point in this boring ass fight was it ever worth $100. Glad I didn't pay to watch it!

Now I can only hope that it didn't do anywhere near the ppv #'s they were expecting. Yes, i am a hater.

I agree with you on the boring part. However, I went over a buddies house and we all chipped in $10 to watch it. The 2nd under card was as much fun as the main event and no that's not saying much, but good times were had.

In the end, split the costs.

Went as expected.

Coming in 2016: Mayweather/Pacquiao 2

Winner: Pacquiao

Coming in 2017: Mayweather/Pacquiao 3

Winner: ?

Exactly. I don't understand how they judge boxers and award points, it seemed like Pac was the aggressor most of the fight and held the middle of the ring pushing mayweather into corners.

Boxing as a sport can be fun, but when its this grandiose ... its a waste of time.

Exactly. I don't understand how they judge boxers and award points, it seemed like Pac was the aggressor most of the fight and held the middle of the ring pushing mayweather into corners.

No way he was the aggressor. Not based on the number of punches. He threw very few punches vs what he normally does. He just couldn't get past such a solid defense ( Typical Mayweather fight really) and based on what I've seen from him before, he looked as if he didn't have the stamina he once had. I was disappointed in Paq.

I don't care for Mayweather. He plays his part too well and sure it's part acting/marketing but he's still a dick. Pussy put off fights with Paq in the past bitching and moaning about drug/PED testing, etc. He just was being a bitch IMO.

He waits 'til now as Paq is past his prime IMO. He's been-there-done that with a number of really big league fights. He's a scrapper for sure. He's tallied up his wins but has several losses too. He had no fear and took his wins and losses like a man. I like the phrase Peoples Champion as he really lives up to that. Mayweather is in way better form, faster looked as if he could have gone another 12-15 rounds even. Knows how to win a fight as they said, like a business man.

No way he was the aggressor. Not based on the number of punches. He threw very few punches vs what he normally does. He just couldn't get past such a solid defense ( Typical Mayweather fight really) and based on what I've seen from him before, he looked as if he didn't have the stamina he once had. I was disappointed in Paq.

I don't care for Mayweather. He plays his part too well and sure it's part acting/marketing but he's still a dick. Pussy put off fights with Paq in the past bitching and moaning about drug/PED testing, etc. He just was being a bitch IMO.

The biggest issue was that Mayweather is contracted with a company that is with HBO and Pac is with one that is contracted with Showtime. I guess the money split and everything on the backend was the biggest hold up and all the bickering between the 2 was just fluff.

He waits 'til now as Paq is past his prime IMO.
Mayweather is 38 and Pac is 36. Time didn't stop for Mayweather.

I think Mayweather is an illiterate woman beater, but when it comes to fighting, he deserves respect. His style is totally within the rules and it allows him to outlast many other fighters. All that aside, the fight was boring for the average spectator.

lawl at everyone who paid money and got let down. Funny how everyone was instantly the biggest boxing fan.

The biggest letdown was that Pac typically throws around 800 punches per fight and lands 34% of them. Saturday night he threw 429 landing 19%!! Mayweather's defensive dominance was very impressive.

I think Mayweather is an illiterate woman beater, but when it comes to fighting, he deserves respect. His style is totally within the rules and it allows him to outlast many other fighters. All that aside, the fight was boring for the average spectator.

And there's the rub... people don't pay to see boxers play within the rules and win a decision with stifling defense and the occasional jab. They pay to see boxes jab, duck, feint, and knock each other senseless with haymakers that have maybe a 1-in-20 chance of landing, but if they do, their oppo^H^H^H^Hvictim won't see straight for at least a day (assuming they wake up before then).

ITT: Fighting fans who have been watching UFC as of late and forgot what boxing is like. This is incredibly typical of Mayweather. He fights to win, not to get photographs of a knockout.

Agreed though, boring as fuck.